• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

socket rails for impact

DeftwillP

NAXJA Forum User
I've got 4 sets of HF impacts (metric and SAE, deep and shallow). The holders they come on are junk plastic where the 1/2 nipple breaks off anytime you pull a socket off. Anybody got rec's for a good quality affordable rail set? I prefer a handled stick type so I can just grab it and go.

I used to have handled ones from Sears I think. I switched to ones without to save space. I just pick up the rail by the sockets. I buy them from Snappy. They aren't real expensive and work better than anything I've bought at Harbor Freight trying to save a few bucks.

I have the lowes kolbalt brand and they seam to be holding up fine. I carry them with me from Jeep to Jeep to motorhome and shop. I have yet to break one. But they are holding chrome sockets though.

Talking about the clip on socket rails? I gave up using them for my impact sockets, the sockets were too heavy for the clips, By the time I spread the clips wide enough to reliably hold the larger sockets on there, the sockets were really hard to get off. I went back to the old school single row socket trays with the handle that folds up to keep the sockets in the tray.

Not familiar with what you're describing 8mud....off to the googlez

Back