• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So whats really going on?

Ryno XJ said:
Everyday I wake up to see my wife and son, is a day to remember!!!
i feel the same way!

people ask me all day at work "hi how ya doin?" every time i say "well, i woke up this morning, kissed my wife, hugged my baby girl, and was able to walk out the door to go to work, so im doing just fine"

:D

GrimmJeeper said:
i feel the same way!

people ask me all day at work "hi how ya doin?" every time i say "well, i woke up this morning, kissed my wife, hugged my baby girl, and was able to walk out the door to go to work, so im doing just fine"

:D

Wait until you get to the age when you wake up in the morning, grab the morning paper, go straight to the obituaries, scan for your name, when you don't find it, you get up and start your day!

Jump This said:
Wait until you get to the age when you wake up in the morning, grab the morning paper, go straight to the obituaries, scan for your name, when you don't find it, you get up and start your day!
hahaha :cheers:

i'm working in the machine shop making $10/hour, diving, fishing, fixing my dirtbike and jeep, mountain biking, taking it easy before i start college, and learning anatomy with the gf...

I just got Fuk ed over by Rough Country, shocks were crap right out of the box!! WTF I know I know RC sucks..... I got what I paid for!! SH*t
Time for a beer..

goin good for me. loving my job. its a bit cooler here than on the mainland, and if it gets too hot i just jump in the ocean. i get to scuba dive at least once a week for free.

jeep parts are frequently arriving at the parents house in preparation for moab in october. i've got almost everything i need to rebuild my 30 and upgrade to 297x shafts.

well...i have the reassessment for my shoulder surgery on the 7th...i should find out if I will need anymore surgeries that day...ill let you all know

I have been saving up for tires, lift, shocks, D44 swap, regear, and sliders (+ a trip to Moab) until the condensing unit of my home's HVAC system took a dump last month. I am looking at a cost of $3500 for a replacement unit.

Besides, the tranny in my suburban started acting up yesterday. Great :(

The Jeep gets put on the back burner for at least another year.

I am depressed.

toyotawrench said:
scott, I'm ok work is screwing us around. Was making 16an hour because we supplie our own tools. They bought a box, and kicked all the quick service guys back down to 11... I had my budget baised on that money i was getting now im hurting bad, try to ride my mt bike more to work. But on a good note my birthday is july 7th, and i took my first paid vacation ever the 21-26. And as it happend my weekend off falls on the 19th. So i will have a full week of camping, and 2 full weekends off. And get paid for it. Im very excited.

peace
ted
Dude, your bosses are a bunch of cheap f*cks! You should go find work where you are appreciated. You could make $11/hr working at Home Depot for christ sake.

.hendrix. said:
i'm working in the machine shop making $10/hour, diving, fishing, fixing my dirtbike and jeep, mountain biking, taking it easy before i start college, and learning anatomy with the gf...
Damn, I envy you bro. Wait till you have a mortgage you can't keep up with. Good luck with school man, and marry that girl :D

just working 50+ hours a week, raising my 2-yo daughter and 4-month old son with my wonderful wife, and working every Saturday I can get away on the race truck trying to get it done. Other than that not really much time for much else other than paying bills while the wifey acquires new ones:). I have not surfed since I got the jeep(2+ years) so maybe when it is all done I can get out and give it a go again, I surfed EVERY day for most of my life, looking forward to getting out to Santa Rosa Island for some fishing and surfing with the fam, and hitting up some races with our crew.
Off to work

Skullvarian said:
just working 50+ hours a week, raising my 2-yo daughter and 4-month old son with my wonderful wife, and working every Saturday I can get away on the race truck trying to get it done. Other than that not really much time for much else other than paying bills while the wifey acquires new ones:). I have not surfed since I got the jeep(2+ years) so maybe when it is all done I can get out and give it a go again, I surfed EVERY day for most of my life, looking forward to getting out to Santa Rosa Island for some fishing and surfing with the fam, and hitting up some races with our crew.
Off to work

Chris I kinda feel your pain.. well except I went surfing last weekend for the first time this year.. You have to get back in the water...it does the soul good.. remember a bad day of surfing is better than a good day at work... gotta love how LIFE happens... Oh and let me know when that race car of yours is ready so I can come pit for ya..

toyotawrench said:
scott, I'm ok work is screwing us around. Was making 16an hour because we supplie our own tools. They bought a box, and kicked all the quick service guys back down to 11... I had my budget baised on that money i was getting now im hurting bad, try to ride my mt bike more to work. But on a good note my birthday is july 7th, and i took my first paid vacation ever the 21-26. And as it happend my weekend off falls on the 19th. So i will have a full week of camping, and 2 full weekends off. And get paid for it. Im very excited.

peace
ted

Hang in there! You know how many Dealerships are closing there doors. It will turn around. You are on flat rate right? Just kick ass, you can still make more than $11.00, I pay my Lube guys $14.00 but they flag 10-12 a day.

Well can't complain too much (no body listens) My 5 month old baby girl is growing like a weed, tons of fun to play with the wife is doing well with her job, my jeep is getting put back together (with help from friends on NAXJA) My job allows me to stay home and work. I guess its going pretty good!

Like Grimm said, I get up see and kiss my daughter, kiss the wife and sit down at the computer and start working! Great days!

cashless said:
I just got Fuk ed over by Rough Country, shocks were crap right out of the box!! WTF I know I know RC sucks..... I got what I paid for!! SH*t
Time for a beer..

Then you need to call them. RC is known far and wide for having top notch customer service. You could tell me their products suck and I'd accept your opinion and depending on the product maybe agree - but to say they fucked you over is retarded.

Just chillin today, gonna install my new warn T-case skid and maybe go to the beach. Got my tube fenders and axle shaft fixed yesterday so im just looking forward to wheeling and partying at big bear this weekend :rof:

Back