• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durango master cylinder? Booster? (2000 XJ)

DPG

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
Did a rear disc conversion on my 8.25, which made a noticeable difference on my 2000 XJ.

She's got 260k miles, so I'm thinking about replacing the MC and booster.

What's the best/easiest upgrade here?

I hear about the Durango master cylinder.
Any specific years or models to look for?

Should I just replace the booster with a new stock version or is there a a better option there?

Any other tips/info?

Thanks!
Dirk

For my 2000 with wj/kj disc's I found no benefit to changing boosters. I did try a couple different mc's, a '98 Durango and then a 2k Durango. I'll have try and confirm but my old thread says a 2k with a 1-1/8" bore.

For my 2000 with wj/kj disc's I found no benefit to changing boosters. I did try a couple different mc's, a '98 Durango and then a 2k Durango. I'll have try and confirm but my old thread says a 2k with a 1-1/8" bore.

Thanks!
Be glad to know for sure which one it was.
Straight swap?

They were both direct fit, the difference was the bore, a '98 is 1-1/16".

Those are 1-1/4" and will cause you to have to push even harder. I did try one with my set-up but I wasn't comfortable with it

It isn’t as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be. At least it wasn’t on my one ton swap.

Back