• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree Nov 18-19, information

if you don't allready, you should have google earth. its free and will give you satalite navagation.
this has some points.
34°24'41.80"N
116°31'4.51"W
try this
http://maps.google.com/maps?num=20&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=%2034%C2%B024'41.80%22N%2C%20116%C2%B031'4.51%22W&btnG=Search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Screw the I15.

Take the 10 E all the way to the 62. The 62 will take you through yucca valley to the 247 and about 20 minutes on the 247 you'll be in JV!

Coming from the inland empire this is the only way to go.

Its an hour and 15 minute drive from san bernardino to johnson valley going this way.

The week looks good:

Mon
Nov 13

34.gif
Mostly Sunny HI/LO 67°/46° 0%
blank.gif
Chance of Rain

Tue
Nov 14

:roll: Partly Cloudy HI/LO 66°/41° 55%
blank.gif
Chance of Rolling your Junk!

Wed
Nov 15

:repair: Showers HI/LO 63°/40° 65%
blank.gif
Chance of breaking your Junk!

Thu
Nov 16

:cheers:
Sunny HI/LO 64°/41° 100%
blank.gif
Chance of Beer

Fry
Nov 17

hasta Sunny HI/LO 64°/41° 99%
blank.gif
Chance of Beating a Dead horse with a stick

Rawbrown said:
if you don't allready, you should have google earth. its free and will give you satalite navagation.
this has some points.
34°24'41.80"N
116°31'4.51"W
try this
http://maps.google.com/maps?num=20&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=%2034%C2%B024'41.80%22N%2C%20116%C2%B031'4.51%22W&btnG=Search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Thanks, yes I have Google Earth and found the lake and intersection of 247 and Boone. My problem was getting my GPS program to take the co-ords I had. It was a matter of me just formatting the co-ords correctly. Finally got it and I plotted it for my route planning frpm home to Means. A bit more than 50 gps miles from home.

Letterman said:
The week looks good:

Mon
Nov 13

34.gif
Mostly Sunny HI/LO 67°/46° 0%
blank.gif
Chance of Rain

Tue
Nov 14

:roll: Partly Cloudy HI/LO 66°/41° 55%
blank.gif
Chance of Rolling your Junk!

Wed
Nov 15

:repair: Showers HI/LO 63°/40° 65%
blank.gif
Chance of breaking your Junk!

Thu
Nov 16

:cheers:
Sunny HI/LO 64°/41° 100%
blank.gif
Chance of Beer

Fry
Nov 17

hasta Sunny HI/LO 64°/41° 99%
blank.gif
Chance of Beating a Dead horse with a stick

Whats Saturday?

The main GPS waypoint you need is the turn onto boone road. It is exactly 34.36913, -116.54547 (wgs-84, dd.dddd format. if you cant use my format, convert it here to whatever you need http://www.jeeep.com/details/coord/ ) If it says out of range, it is probably because you forgot to put the minus sign before your west coordinate.

from that coordinate, just take boone road north 4 miles or so until you see the rest of us.

KH

Last edited:
Thanks for the help and the link. I know Bessemer and Rock Camp way too well after 35 years of desert racing but I am new to 4 wheeling and I've never been to Boone before. I've probably raced all around that area out of the "Rock Pile" but then I only see a narrow strip ahead. I am really looking forward to this new experience. Since I just turned 62 my wife thinks it is about time I switch from 2 wheels to 4.

Im sorry to report that I will not be attending the JV event.

1st I had a friend of a friends cousin weld on the 'cups' for the tnt rock rails that I got and he totally welded the cups onto the wrong spot (way to low) and did not follow the instructions and the rails are not high enough to bolt to the pinch seam or sit against the body like the are supposed to.

2nd my double cardan joint is gone and there is not enough time for me to have that fixed.

It blows because now I have 10 times the amount of work to do to cut the frekin welds that this guy welded on. Oh well I guess that is what I should expect for $20 and a tall can.
:(

fdsa487Oh well I guess that is what I should expect for $20 and a tall can. :([/quote said:
For $20 and a tall can, I expect dinner AND breakfast.. :shhh: But that's a different story..

Elias

have a glass of mead and its about a 90% chance...
if you don't suck down some H2O then the mead can give you a fugly hangover. but it goes away by 8am...:wow:
GSequoia said:
75% chance of hangover.

SO which weather site do we believe. weather?
www.weather.com has lows about 48 while NOAA has em down as low as 43...WTF?
NOAA is showing a wind event today and tomorow. gusts as high as 55 expected through 12pm tomorrow and it probalby won't stop there.. not fun.
should settle down by the weekend. joy....

well guys I live close enough to JV to predict the weather.....

Expect high winds gusts above 60mph
expect the lows to be in the 38-42 range
expect the highs to be about 60

Right now at 5:30 this am the gusts are well over 40 its about 40 degrees and theres a good chance the wind playing nice with my car port

EliasJ123 said:
For $20 and a tall can, I expect dinner AND breakfast.. :shhh: But that's a different story..

Elias

I'll give you $20, a tall can or 10:cheers: , dinner, and breakfast if you want to help me do it before JV comes =)
We have Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday left to do it. :worship:

dzraces said:
well guys I live close enough to JV to predict the weather.....

Expect high winds gusts above 60mph
expect the lows to be in the 38-42 range
expect the highs to be about 60

Right now at 5:30 this am the gusts are well over 40 its about 40 degrees and theres a good chance the wind playing nice with my car port

Dammit.. the wind plays hell on my tent.:flamemad:

Richard Pope said:
Will there be any easy runs in Johnson Valley? Do I have to be a member of NAXJA to go on a run? I live in Apple Valley and have a '98 TJ (I hope that's not a bad word???).
Thanks, Richard

Read the first post in this thread. All are welcome

Paul S said:
I'm a bit late seeing this thread.

Having tailgunned Claw last year with several rear locker only cars, I gotta say that there's a HUGE difference in how difficult this trail is when not locked up front. I would not recommend doing it without F&R lockers.

Paul

Yeah, I've heard claw has gotten a lot harder this past year. For that reason I told myself I won't run it again until I get locked up front. Besides, I've run it 3 times now open front, once on 32" BFG MTs, and twice on 33" A/Ts. Seams to get harder and harder all the time.

I'm hoping they'll be a tackhammer run this weekend, either that, or a seat I can jump into.

I can verify that claw has gotten much harder when I went both times at the SoCalXJ Jambo. Even for those who are locked in the front. more rock stacking and diff hangers. :) I need more armor before I try it.

Back