• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree, Johnson Valley Nov 17-18....information

TRNDRVR said:
You never know Ron.

By the way, pin lock or ball lock?

I have 5 gallons of Imperial Stout that needs to be used.

You da man. Pin lock.

My brew area got dismantled back in June, and I havn't found a new home for it yet, so I didn't get anything brewed.

Ryan is getting pretty good, he's bringing out a few gallons.

--ron

TRNDRVR said:
I have 5 gallons of Imperial Stout that needs to be used.
Morman 1% by volume? :D

Goatman said:
Burgers and hot links, beans, chips, potato salald, brownies........the usual fare. We were thinking about tri-tip this year, but it's too hard to guess when we really don't know how many people will be there. This keeps it simple enough, and it's not too expensive to be sure we have enough.
I'll bring the drinks, (pepsi products) and maybe 2-3 TRNDRVR Tri-Tips for the cause.
Captain Ron said:
You da man. Pin lock.

My brew area got dismantled back in June, and I havn't found a new home for it yet, so I didn't get anything brewed.

--ron
Well my kegging stuff is all ball lock. I can bring 5 gallons of Imperial Stout and 5 gallons of Honey Wheat. I have a way to serve it, just not a way to chill it. Suggestions? I'm new to brewing so it may taste like shit.
XJ_ranger said:
Morman 1% by volume? :D
It's Mormon!

And no.....:doh:

I'm not from Utah, I'm only here for my job.

Add about 10% more to your estimate would be more like it. :cheers:

Maybe Ron can bring out his Jockey box. just get ice and make sure its carbonated.
I'm bringing 5 gallons of double red 9.2% 96 ibu's... ass kicker. 5 gallons of 5.25% Hefe'Weizen. 5 gallons dark Lager 7ish%. 10 gallons of cream ale 5.5%. that one is ok... didn't finish as well as I wanted but it will do a good job of quenching thirst on the warm days and dumbing people down.
Gonna throw 3 gallons of hard cider together tonight and hope it ferments in time.
a bottle of frozen Chopin vodka that will make the rounds. Ron better bring a second one. or at least a jug of captn' moron... for those captn' cokes.
if you can't get a jocky box together you can add your kegs to mine cooler.
I make a cooler in the corner of my trailer out of 2" styrfoam sheet from home depot. duct taped together. I can make it a little longer to hold an extra pair of kegs. I put blocks of ice in the bottom pack it all around and my kegs are all chilled in the fridge. this lasts all weekend and there is ice left when I get home. this time I am going to come up with a cover for the cooler. and with nights down in the 40's that helps.
just give me a heads up and I can make it a little longer. I'll be out there friday around noonish.

Goatman said:
Burgers and hot links, beans, chips, potato salald, brownies........the usual fare. We were thinking about tri-tip this year, but it's too hard to guess when we really don't know how many people will be there. This keeps it simple enough, and it's not too expensive to be sure we have enough.

Is the alumigrill gonna be out there again?

FarmerMatt said:
Those will not make it to the event...
You remember! :thumbup:

I just won't tell you where they are. :chef:
Rawbrown said:
Maybe Ron can bring out his Jockey box. just get ice and make sure its carbonated.
I'm bringing 5 gallons of double red 9.2% 96 ibu's... ass kicker. 5 gallons of 5.25% Hefe'Weizen. 5 gallons dark Lager 7ish%. 10 gallons of cream ale 5.5%. that one is ok... didn't finish as well as I wanted but it will do a good job of quenching thirst on the warm days and dumbing people down.
Gonna throw 3 gallons of hard cider together tonight and hope it ferments in time.
a bottle of frozen Chopin vodka that will make the rounds. Ron better bring a second one. or at least a jug of captn' moron... for those captn' cokes.
if you can't get a jocky box together you can add your kegs to mine cooler.
I make a cooler in the corner of my trailer out of 2" styrfoam sheet from home depot. duct taped together. I can make it a little longer to hold an extra pair of kegs. I put blocks of ice in the bottom pack it all around and my kegs are all chilled in the fridge. this lasts all weekend and there is ice left when I get home. this time I am going to come up with a cover for the cooler. and with nights down in the 40's that helps.
just give me a heads up and I can make it a little longer. I'll be out there friday around noonish.
If you can, make room for one more keg. Thanks!

karstic said:
Is the alumigrill gonna be out there again?

Yes, and rumor has it that it now has legs. :thumbup:

Goatman said:
Yes, and rumor has it that it now has legs. :thumbup:

So concrete blocks or stacks of 4x4's aren't legs?.... LOL

Hey Richard,

how's the planning coming along?

Are we in need of anything?

Thanks

OI

I was wishy washy on making it, but apparently Derek and I will both be there, even if I have to drive my Ford out. Maybe friday morning, maybe late late friday night.

Can someone post up some directions for folks on how to get to the camp from the 15 fwy?

I will be coming from OC. Someone said I could go out towards Palm Springs and then bring the 247 (?) in from the backside?

Which would be better? I am driving out EARLY Sat morning.

Thanks

Captain Ron said:
You da man. Pin lock.

--ron

I have some room in My Garage, if you don't find something soon:laugh3:

Back