• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree, Johnson Valley Nov 17-18....information

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The RocknXJ Jamboree will be Sat and Sun, Nov 17-18 at Johnson Valley, CA, home of the Hammer trails. This is a great time to have fun with friends, meet new people, and get in some good wheeling. There are trails from mild to wild, stock rigs or rock buggies. Camping is on the dry lake bed, with no facilites, so bring what you need. There will be a couple portable PETT toilets, and WAG bags are $2.

Saturday evening there will be dinner and a raffle. Profits from the raffle will go to So Cal NAXJA and to Friends of Panamint Valley to help in the efforts to reopen Surprise Canyon. So, bring a few bucks for dinner and for plenty of raffle tickets. We're not going to pre-sell any dinner tickets, but please post up if you are planning to be there so we can get an idea of how much food to get for dinner.

Johnson Valley is in the high desert between Victorville and Yucca Valley. Take Hwy 247 roughly 22 miles from either Lucerne Valley or Yucca Valley to Boone Rd. Turn north on Boone Rd, which is a dirt road, and follow it about 4 miles to the dry lake bed.

See you there,

Thanks Richard for reposting!

Hey Richard, I said i wasent sure on making it but ill for sure be there with 3-4 guests. Thanks. Lemme know if you need help with any trail rides.
-Allen

hopefully I will be there...property taxes are due and I'm kinda freakin

Dad and I will be there...

In fassion with my learning this summer and last, Im ordering orange knuckles today...

and will be working late on the rig the weekend before... :D

djblade311 said:
hopefully I will be there...property taxes are due and I'm kinda freakin

Impound account.

XJ_ranger said:
Dad and I will be there...

In fassion with my learning this summer and last, Im ordering orange knuckles today...

sweet man, in the 44 or 60 fashion>>?

Kevin3151 said:
Im there

KH

Or else. Been a whole damn year almost. Talking to Richard the other day about organizing, runs, etc... We always start out under the assumption that I'll/we'll be running with the harder group.

Never works out like that. Why? He knows it too, we have a ton of fun running with the guys we know/the more reasonable runs, just too damn important. I spend most of my personal time like the others running against personal challenge.

This run like a few others is for running with good trails friends. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm hoping all you guys sign up for my trail run again!

--ron

Say, I might have some running junk together by then, can I tag along on your little joy ride, Ron? Even if there's not a jeep part on my rig?:scottm:

Butler said:
Say, I might have some running junk together by then, can I tag along on your little joy ride, Ron? Even if there's not a jeep part on my rig?:scottm:

Absolutely Chris. It's a good time. Bring what you have. We always like having guys with onboard welders around. :D

--ron

Captain Ron said:
Absolutely Chris. It's a good time. Bring what you have. We always like having guys with onboard welders around. :D

--ron

Shit, who uses on board welders?
Some jumper cables and a coat hanger (or for the more sophisticated, jumper cables and welding rod!)

Rick

BTW, we need a trail leader for the easy run. If you'd be willing to help, but don't know the area well, I can show you the route I'd like to do.

Back