• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

QUICK!! anyone with a winch near tulsa OK?

Bent said:
Yup. You're not that stuck. Good luck with a better stuck next time, take Chuck with you..
oh..i assure you,i asked chuck and he did'nt wanna go LOL....naw it's not awful bad but if you don't have the funds or the tools it starts to become a real pain.the mud is just..there.it's sooooo soupy and thick and smells like somethin died.swallers' your shoes up too.

a7273chargerguy said:
mohawk park.I'm definetly somewhere i should'nt be.....:scared:

Yeah, you prob shouldn't be out there.

FYI if you break a fiber line not only are you responsible for the repair of the line but your also responsible for the revenue lost do to the damage. :D happy digging.

BlueCuda said:
Yeah, you prob shouldn't be out there.

FYI if you break a fiber line not only are you responsible for the repair of the line but your also responsible for the revenue lost do to the damage. :D happy digging.
yeah the rangers SAY that the cables are like 5 feet down so i think i might be safe.do you have a 30 ft chain? i already have 2 but need one more to reach the telephone poll.the trees on the pass. side are not working with the come along, but making it deeper.

you need 3 4x4's strapped together train style...put tension on the strap to your jeep...I bet it'll just ease on out...well some part of it will ease on out :)

yellowxj said:
you need 3 4x4's strapped together train style...put tension on the strap to your jeep...I bet it'll just ease on out...well some part of it will ease on out :)

The Elephant Walk lol

im assuming you guys have never pulled someone out. because the heavy on the gas pedal stuff will only brake things every time. id bet that if you pulled slow(the right way)after the line was taught you would have gotten out the first time. just my 2 cents, and something to think about.

i was buried on the beach with the tide coming in one time...with a pop up camper on the back of my xj...a 3/4 ton jacked up chevy broke his front end trying to snatch my jeep out...I got a stock trooper, stock 4x chevy, and a 2wd chevy to hook up to each other and...much to the 3/4 ton jacked up chevy's dismay...the stockers with steet tires eased my xj out...go find a military manual on vehicle recovery...

I am sorry to hear you got stuck. Been there, done that.

:nono: illegal wheeling... please stop. We have a hard enough time keeping the legal stuff open..... nuff said

In you latter post, you said "the ratchet end of the tow strap..." a REAL tow strap does not have a ratcheting end. If you used a ratchet strap, you guys are very lucky it was on the hatch that got damaged....

As for being stuck, shovel, logs, rocks, shovel, shovel...... lots of time and work. I am sure there are folks around there that could help, but a winch or come-along will not get you out without diggin some of that mud from under your vehicle AND the tires... the stuff looks like soup, so it will take a lot of digging.

Be careful of that fiber optic cabling. Damage that, and you are in for more trouble than the Jeep is worth....

Good luck!

Dude im sorry to say you suck at getting unstuck... Theres been many times where I have helped people get unstuck like you and it took me 4 hours to get them unstuck. The way you need to do it is get one of those trees and cut them down then you use the logs at a high lift point and jack your front end up all the way until you can get some stuff under there. If you can get some Palettes and when you have it high enough you put them underneath the jeep then you get some one to give you a tug until you get out. I used to live in flagstaff and the mud out there gets really soupy and one of my buddies always like to hit the hard stuff in a Toyota with 31's and he got him self just as stuck as you and his buddies tried to get him out and he was in a ford f250 super duty he ended up getting stuck. So I came out in my jeep mind you this is when I had 33's with 3.07's and was able to get them out in 3 hours. Here are some pics from that night.

DSC00982.jpg

Pulling the ford out
Trying to get the Yota out
DSC00978.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

DSC00987.jpg

just takes some time.

The old jeep
DSC00587.jpg

ifoundastick said:
Dude im sorry to say you suck at getting unstuck... Theres been many times where I have helped people get unstuck like you and it took me 4 hours to get them unstuck. The way you need to do it is get one of those trees and cut them down then you use the logs at a high lift point and jack your front end up all the way until you can get some stuff under there. If you can get some Palettes and when you have it high enough you put them underneath the jeep then you get some one to give you a tug until you get out. I used to live in flagstaff and the mud out there gets really soupy and one of my buddies always like to hit the hard stuff in a Toyota with 31's and he got him self just as stuck as you and his buddies tried to get him out and he was in a ford f250 super duty he ended up getting stuck. So I came out in my jeep mind you this is when I had 33's with 3.07's and was able to get them out in 3 hours. Here are some pics from that night.

dude,when you don't have pallets, or.... friends for that matter LOL it is a little harder than that.naw, but really my friend with the jeep is scared to go back there now and i have asked 2 other people who have stopped to look,a dodge 4x4 and a tj on like 32's.the park ranger won't come out either.on top of that none of my other friends will help cause they have jobs LOL!i think I'm doing pretty good for being all by my self.and the mud.when you go to get a shovelful the shovel gets sucked into the goop so you plant your feet to pull it out and your shoes stay in the mud.you guys don't understand how sloppy this stuff is.part clay,part red oklahoma mud.

DSC00982.jpg

Pulling the ford out
Trying to get the Yota out
DSC00978.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

DSC00987.jpg

just takes some time.

The old jeep
DSC00587.jpg

yeah your gonna need to jack it up and get stuff under the tires. that happened to us in our freaking diesel excursion back on our hunting land. the whole front end up to the bumper was burried and we got it out in under 3 hours. just by jacking it up, throwing stuff under the tires, jacking it up, throwing more stuff under there and then finally just driving out. (3 hours with bottle jacks mind you)

DONT CUT DOWN ANY TREES! Youve done enough damage to the sports reputation already.
If it was illegal why didnt the ranger ticket you guys?

MUDFLAP said:
DONT CUT DOWN ANY TREES! Youve done enough damage to the sports reputation already.
If it was illegal why didnt the ranger ticket you guys?

x2.

Hi-lift, get sh*t under your tires, and punch it! MWAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously... theres no reason you shouldnt be out yet.

I would NEVER leave my rig unattended, i WOULD NOT be online asking how to get out.. i would be SLEEPING IN MY RIG til it was OUT!

re:anyone with a winch near tulsa OK?

this is what i show up to at 9:00 AM today

now,keep in mind,my swaybars are discoed.it actually sank overnight.i got to the point of sitting on the side of the road and trying to flag 4x4ers' down but to no avail.the tulsa zoo is right down the street so i drove on down there.i asked this guy with,of all things,a f-250 on 31's(we have the same tires.)that was the sweetest ford ever,and i hate fords LOL.that guy was cool as fuck though.i told him i would pay for his zoo trip,gas,and carwash if he'd pull me out.this guy must have just bought his truck though cuz he did'nt think he'd make it through the entrance.

after assuring him that my buddy made it through in his stock jeep with bald tires,he proceeded to follow the trail down.with my mud clogs i did'nt want to get his pretty rig all muddy so i ran afterward thinking i could get some good video of him givin' it hell.i must have lost my footing.it's actually pretty funny.you can see that vid here.

so we hooked up to the jeep.he gave it three necksnapping yanks and out she comes.YAHHHHHH!:yelclap:

the drive home sucked.the tranny got to hot during all of it and was'nt shifting.the steering was ALL over the place cuz there's still 50 lbs of mud in my front end,but i got her back.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats! The video has a great ending...:eek:

Too bad you could not video it getting tugged out.

Now do your best "South Park" impression and tell us what you learned from this experience.....

rpraterxj said:
congrats! The video has a great ending...:eek:

Too bad you could not video it getting tugged out.

Now do your best "South Park" impression and tell us what you learned from this experience.....
the only thing i learned was"i need a locker,d44 and 35's"or a winch.

Back