• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone near ithaca ny with a parts rig? far from home, might need some stuff

altrocker1

NAXJA Forum User
hello...
just curious if anyone is near ithaca ny. we came up for a wedding and i forgot a lot of stuff at the shop last time i was there. probably will just need some sensors, if i can find them at a parts store here ill grab em, but not sure whats open on sundays

i bought a cheap multimeter and a spark checker and i have a socket set with me. i also got to autozone 10 min before they closed so i was able do some rudimentary testing.

basically, jeep stumbles and and feels off throughout the entire rpm range...gets better over 2500 but still doesn't accelerate smoothly. smells weird/lean...sort of smells a little bit like hot electronics and fireworks coming out of the tailpipe lol. i limped back to where we are staying and checked spark and checked the obvious culprits with the multi meter. i swapped in my spare tps, no change...great spark on the 3 cyls i tested (used the 35,000 volt setting and it jumped it with a hot blue/white snapping arc). fuel pressure is holding steady at 45psi on prime and while running rough. so i have spark and fuel...it really runs like the timing is off, so i tested the cps...and it tested low, but i still have hot spark...im assuming i've got something going on with cps or cam pickup because it really feels like a motor with spark that is advanced too far (explaining while it gets better at higher rpms). i replaced the cam pickup some time ago and i really don't remember what kind i bought. i think it may have been from a cheap parts store, so if someone has a parts rig or if there is a decent pick and pull near by let me know. if it does wind up being the cps, i don't want to put an autozone one in...and no dealerships parts counters are open on sundays that i know of :(

unfortunately i have a cam pickup and cps sitting on my parts rig at the shop, i just haven't pulled them yet! grr...let me know if you have any thoughts or if you are near by. i certainly can borrow a car and drive to you if needed...thanks all!

Looks like your not selling the extra engine anymore

If you need a beer on your way by let me know

Depends on if I can find a head out here. I've had lifter tap for a while and it's suddenly not there now that my new problem has developed...I think 2 of my lifters said piss off. One seems intermittent because it feels like it kicks in and out. When both of them are dead you can really tell!

Back