• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Sway Bar Club......

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Alright guys, Jim had an excellent idea of figuring out here who runs no sway....

I do, with a set of Jeepspeed Deaver coils....

Who else? and what coils are you running......

No sway for many years...no problem.....4.5" Rubicon

Tim D

crazyjim said:
Woohoo!!! On 3.5" Full Traction coils!

Swaybars are for Sissy's!!

Who's in for stickers?

I disagree totally!
A off road sway bar are for people that understand that your jeep will work better with one in every type of off road situation! The stock sway bar will hinder you travel for sure But the Anti-Rock (Spam ;) ) and others like will help control body roll and make your jeep feel more stable on and off road. In most cases your shocks will top out way before a good off road sway loses it ability to twist. I know a lot of people will disagree. I use a Anti-Rock on my DD/Trail XJ and my JS. The Idea of Disconnection is a left over idea from the CJ/YJ days.

Although I respect your opinion, I don't agree with it.

That "left over idea" has been serving me fine for years. My XJ is the most stable rig I've wheeled without a swaybar.

I see no reason to buy an offroad sway bar for more control. I have plenty of control.

Whats a sway bar???

NRT_Chris said:
I disagree totally!
A off road sway bar are for people that understand that your jeep will work better with one in every type of off road situation! The stock sway bar will hinder you travel for sure But the Anti-Rock (Spam ;) ) and others like will help control body roll and make your jeep feel more stable on and off road. In most cases your shocks will top out way before a good off road sway loses it ability to twist. I know a lot of people will disagree. I use a Anti-Rock on my DD/Trail XJ and my JS. The Idea of Disconnection is a left over idea from the CJ/YJ days.
Good point Chris, I should have stated...who tossed the factroy sway...lol.

waxer said:
Although I respect your opinion, I don't agree with it.

That "left over idea" has been serving me fine for years. My XJ is the most stable rig I've wheeled without a swaybar.

I see no reason to buy an offroad sway bar for more control. I have plenty of control.

Its ok to be wrong:)... I'm sure you have never had a issue with your set up But have you ever driven a XJ/TJ back to back one with and one with out a Anti-Rock or similar bar over the same terrain? I have and it is a wold of difference In control. It also helps with rear traction believe it or not. It leverages the frame / uni-body on the corners and put more weight on the rear tires. Go out to your jeep and push up and down on one of the front corners watch how the jeep acts. As you push down on the front right the rear left will lift. a sway bar will help resist the lifting and keep more weight on that rear corner.

You may feel like you have plenty of control but a bar will give you more.

Last edited:
I don't discredit what you are saying.

No I haven't wheeled one with. For all I know it might be a world of difference. I just know I'm happy with what I have now compared to my last trail rig, which was so unstable it was scary.

NRT_Chris said:
I disagree totally!
A off road sway bar are for people that understand that your jeep will work better with one in every type of off road situation! I know a lot of people will disagree. The Idea of Disconnection is a left over idea from the CJ/YJ days.

x2 .

sway.jpg

NRT_Chris said:
At the risk of sounding like a Noob who are the blak sheep?
You dont wanna know.

Back