• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Sway Bar Club......

'92 "Compton Camo" Rig - Just a trail rig - 4.5 RE Coils & ACOS - No Swaybars.

'00 (New to me rig) - will be mostly for trails & desert - 4" coils? - No Sway bars.

'05 TJ (Before I sold it) - Street & trail duty - 3" budget boost. - Sway bar disconnects.

The Compton Camo rig has so much bodyroll, on a sharp turn the inside tire starts to lose contact with the pavement. But it doesn't see much asphalt.
The new rig didn't have sway bars on it when I bought it.

The TJ had disconnects as it saw more street duty. Flexy offroad, safer on road.

(But where's the fun in that?) :gee:

Ride'on,

~C!~

I havent had mine of for the past 8 years. Recently got rid of alot of body roll, it now handles like a slot car...well almost. Thanks to Billy for the welding. More photos to come.
2.jpg

GauchoMD said:
Thats kind of the opposite of most of us who run a swaybar. Why a rear swaybar??:huh:

I have RE disco's up front so I can just unplug em and go, but the rear just has extended links so I have to climb under to take em on and off (ie too much effort) lol

tharlanjr said:
I have RE disco's up front so I can just unplug em and go, but the rear just has extended links so I have to climb under to take em on and off (ie too much effort) lol
So do you or don't you run a front sway bar? If it has discos do you connect them on-road and disco off-road? Also, why keep the rear? I pulled mine and while I have reinstalled the front sway bar with discos, I have no intentions of even trying to find the stock rear sway bar.

Jesus, I'm not reading this shit...

I run without swaybars on my red Jeep only because my passenger side bracket on the axle is toast.

I've ran that way for about three years with some old Rough Country 3" coils and currently with some old Tomkin 4" coils. (I actually ran for about two or three years in between on a different axle using a sway bar with JKS disconnects)

I do not recommend it. Sway bar disconnects are a much better way to do the job and when I get a chance I'll be fixing that axle.

And as has been said it's fine to toss the rear sway bar, it doesn't do anything in my circumstances anyway.

Oh yeah...

Not running sway bars does not make you somehow cooler. :illegalflipoffsmilie:

I run 5.5inch rubicon suspension, without a rear swaybar and only connect mine for on the road. I find I have excellant ability to drive over uneven ground while diconnected. Allows the suspension to really travel. I have had enough scares without on the highway to always run the swaybar on the road

White Jeep - Deaver Coils - No Sway
Red Jeep - Skyjacker Coils - Stock swaybar on the street most of the time

5.5" ZJ coils. RE 275/75 7100's. No swaybar, and DAMN DO I WISH I HAD IT. The links are in the garage, I'm going to get unlazy and install them here pretty soon.

crazyjim said:
Just so everybody in "Black sheep" knows, this wasn't a dig, nor is it a joke against you... so if you're getting all ass hurt too, calm the fuck down.

i wish i could say fuck in a thread and get away with it. fuck.

****OFFICIAL STATEMENT****

I and the members of the BLACK SHEEP CREW are in no way offended by your idea for a club.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Thanks for paying tribute to our awesomeness, and bringing attention to the fact that you are;

A. Not badass enough to be in the Black Sheep Crew

and

B. You wish you were. :skull1:

:D

GSequoia said:
Not running sway bars does not make you somehow cooler. :illegalflipoffsmilie:
YOU talking about being cool is like Richard Simmons talking about banging a hot chick. It never has, and never will happen....

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
i wish i could say fuck in a thread and get away with it. fuck.

****OFFICIAL STATEMENT****

I and the members of the BLACK SHEEP CREW are in no way offended by your idea for a club.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Thanks for paying tribute to our awesomeness, and bringing attention to the fact that you are;

A. Not badass enough to be in the Black Sheep Crew

and

B. You wish you were. :skull1:

:D

ROFL. That is some funny stuff right there.

NRT_Chris said:
At the risk of sounding like a Noob who are the blak sheep?

Direct quote:

corbinafly said:
Damn Ben. Are you the Messiah?

I am a Shepard of black sheep.

If you are man enough come to my event and partake of my blood (Arrogant Bastard Ale). http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=960507

Pay tithe to the tee/shirt sticker fund. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=960819

We shall sing hymns by Black Flag and The Misfits.

The holy symbol is :skull1:

I am the lost, the lie, and the darkness.

Those who do not repent from their boring lives of weakness, conformity, and normalcy will be destroyed in the wake of the BLACK SHEEP CREW

Get into it.

TheWarWagon said:
YOU talking about being cool is like Richard Simmons talking about banging a hot chick. It never has, and never will happen....

B-rizzle, you are a funny mutha fcker!!

:laugh2:

Upon release of the "No Swaybar Club" sticker, the Black Sheep Crew will be issuing a special cover-up sticker to all members to retrofit any jeep with the original No Swaybar Club design......

Consider yourselves warned.

Back