• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My getting ready for JV thread...

Nice!

be glad your driving in front wheel drive on an open diff...

if you can make it to the lakebed in front wheel drive, ill loan you my rear shaft for the weekend...

XJ_ranger said:
Nice!

be glad your driving in front wheel drive on an open diff...

if you can make it to the lakebed in front wheel drive, ill loan you my rear shaft for the weekend...

Cool, was going to send you a message about that; I just may need it.

BrettM said:
you should have made the block-off plate out of plexi or lexan :bling:

probably could have saved .01 oz too!

BrettM said:
you should have made the block-off plate out of plexi or lexan :bling:

Maybe next time. It's not like this wasn'ta hurried build and I'm not going to redo half of what I did ;)

Some daylight pics:

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Well I drove it some more today, went and got the longer shocks (drives a lot better when the front axle isn't completly limited by the shocks!) and picked up the rear bumper. The bumper will go on tomorrow (sounds like a job for Clint!) and at some point I'll put the rear shocks in.

Only got a few more things to wrap up before JV (and might do them on the lakebed); I've gotta run my ARB wiring into the cab, put in a rear driveshaft (borrowing it at JV), and as I said before swap the rear shocks. I should also hit up a SportMart tomorrow and get some hockey pucks for the front.. Oh and get my CO2 filled ;)

The freeway test went well, got it up to 73 mph and never got the shakes. That doesn't mean I'm not still scared to go fast of course, just that I did ;) It actually feels a lot tighter than it did before. I still have the bump steer issue to deal with (No, that wasn't a surprise ;)) and the weak ass TRE's but it should get the job done for what I'm asking.

Feels good, real good!

Back