• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet and Greet in Louisville, IL May 5th

Rev Den said:
Welll....

$200 later and I have ammo. :D

We will arrive about noon.

BTW Sue is 5'4"

Rev

Ouch.

See you then. Drive safely.

That might work.
:D

Hale

WOW!

What a blast! I think we had about 30 people.
I do believe this will have to be an annual event.
Good to see a few new faces too!
Big thanks to Trav (Prepmech)and his Dad for the use of the smoker. It did a fine job to say the least. If you didn't get a piece of Noob.......you missed out, he was GOOOOOD. And will continue to be good for a quite a while from the looks of my fidge.:laugh3:
Mucho amounts of lead was thrown today. Lots of new pieces added to wish lists as well.:D I think the two most used phrases were "I wish I would have brought my [insert firearm here] with me.", and "Damn, I gots to get me one of doze!" M44, AK47, M14, M1, and one bad a$$ 38 snub nose revolver, just to name a few.
Big thanks to all that attended, and to those who didn't......you suck.:D
We came real close to breaking even on the pig, thanks goes to all that aided with that as well.
I've got several pictures. I'm too tired to upload them all tonight though.

Thanks again guys!
:cheers:

Hale

Just got home.

Jim...missed you when we left, thanks man....great home, great mom, great times.

Mike...Thanks for getting this all together.

Trav....Great job on the pig....super tasty.

We had a wonderful time, this club always amazes me on how much fun we can have when we get together. The hand is a little stiff (Darn Nuge loads), the neck is sunburn (Redneck) and the ears a ringing just a little (took off my muffs a little too much), but I would not trade any of it away.

Rev

Gotta admit I was a little worried, not being a "country girl", the piggy was very good and the area was beautiful, I could not believe we were still in Illinois.
Thank you all for a fantastic time and some good friends (and inside plumbing), it was nice to see you all again.

Hey Mike, what was the BBQ sauce?

And of course, thanks for making Rev get the Excursion all muddy, he had too much fun on that hill.

The whole drive home it was:

I need a shotgun, I need a rifle like Jeff's, I need red sight thingy.

<sigh>

Rev's Susie said:
Hey Mike, what was the BBQ sauce?

That was the best commercially made BBQ sauce made on the face planet Earth.
We know and love it as Sweet Baby Ray's.:thumbup:

Hale

Thanks to all!!!

We just got home. We just HAD to stop in Gander Mountain, and take a look at .22 target pistols.

Pig was awesome, hospitality was outstanding and DAMN that was alot of brass flying around.

We just got home, stopped at the BP here in town, first time I have ever put $200.00 of gas in anything!
Thanks for the dead pig, and the driveway.
Thanks to best people I have ever met!

The next shindig will be announce soon!

seanR said:
We just got home, stopped at the BP here in town, first time I have ever put $200.00 of gas in anything!
Thanks for the dead pig, and the driveway.
Thanks to best people I have ever met!

The next shindig will be announce soon!

Damn....

you should have driven the WK, stayed in a hotel and pocketed the rest of the change.

Thanks all! I had a great time. Really enjoyed shooting the clay pigeons, even though I have a nasty bruise on my right shoulder area.

The apple pie was really good and so was the pig!!

Rev Den said:
Don't feel to bad Sean....the Ex took $175 in gas there and back.
Rev
seanR said:

Damn suddenly the $125 went spent on gas doesn't seem so bad.

100_3143.jpg

100_3147.jpg

100_3153.jpg

100_3156.jpg

100_3160.jpg

100_3164.jpg

What 103 yards looks like:
100_3166.jpg

100_3168.jpg

100_3169.jpg

100_3172.jpg

jeeplas said:
How much was the hotel room and how much did you spend eating out?

More than we needed too. But it was our first weekend out without the kids in almost a year.

There were hotel rooms starting at $40 bucks, and we could have eaten at McBarf-in-a-sack rather than catching a late night snack at Ruby Tuesday.

Hey Everybody, I know I didn't get there early or stay a long time but I did enjoy it. I'm glad i got to meet you guys and pick up some info. School is out for me (work is done until August) in early June so I'll have some free time to get out more. Hopefully I can get some of wish list items checked off before the next meet and greet.

Thanks again, Hoss

Thanx to everyone - but especially to Noob. He really went all out and my tastebuds definitely appreciated it. It was fun. Wish I had a nice valley to shoot across in My backyard!

I just want to thank everybody for showing up. It was a great time. It was nice seeing the regulars again. And even better meeting some new people. Just gotta ask--Did anybody else hit the target from 103 yrds. with a pistol?:laugh: Better yet a .22?:shocked: JIM.

Back