• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M416 Trailer

It was 1/8 wall thickness. The spindle was 1 3/4 and the tube was 2". The inner diameter is 1 3/4. It slid right into the box tube with a little persuasion from a dead blow, but perfect fit.

Do the conversion. I did it in about 3 hours and it shed at least 100lbs off the weight of the trailer, if you add up the spare and old heavy axle.

It looks like it will cost around $450 to completely replace my axle and have good brakes on the new axle. Not too bad really. Weight savings will likely be more than 200# for me, just the king-kong tires weigh more than that.

I'm really tempted to try disc brakes but they are only hydraulic controlled. I want the ability to hit the trailer brakes with a switch at times (steep hills offroad).

Got the tires moved over today. Sits pretty well.

attachment.php

Looking good Scott!

Speaking of electric brakes, does VA require inspection when they are utilized? You do here in PA i'm told.

What model jeep is that tailgate from?

It came off a CJ5. Unsure the year, buy definatly a CJ5.

Must have been an early one. Two reasons, one the Jeep logo looks like the old stamping, two I'm pretty sure they ditched the tailgate for the CJ5 in the later years, maybe when the 7 came out?

Back