• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

johnson valley??? lets go!

It was an easy trails run. Avery and I wanted to hit more than a few trails, but with some smaller shorties in the group, it took awhile to get through at night.

The air shocks were a step closer to being right. Avery and I blew by the group on the way to the trail at a moderate 45-50 MPH. Other than some bottoming out, 3 foot whoops are no longer a problem.

Quote of the night from a shortie way back in the dust: "NAXJA fags." :D

Saturday was better.

I think Ben got his JV 101.

I flogged the livin hell outta the MJ on Backdoor. It was time for a bash test before I sort out all the stuff I shoulda had time to do right during the build.

jv09.jpg

jv10.jpg

I kept at it for at least 5 minutes after I should have winched up. :D

jv11.jpg

Buggy guys think they can just park anywhere. :D

jv12.jpg

Chris B. Almost up. He didn't make it on this attempt. He used the cooler to stack with on the next one, and made it. :D

--ron

PS: Robert, when is the last time you took your rig out there and did a *Tin Bender* line? Wait, lets make this easy. Any line? :D

Captain Ron said:
jv12.jpg

Chris B. Almost up. He didn't make it on this attempt. He used the cooler to stack with on the next one, and made it. :D
If I pm you my addy will you send me a hi-res copy of that pic, please?

Shoot it to me Chris and I'll send it off to you. It was nice to let someone else do the welding for a change. :D

--ron

Wow, looks like that might hurt. What all did it take out ?
jv10.jpg

It looks like this buggy is way off to the right of the line. Did you try it to the left the way I went ? Did anybody make up without the winch ?
jv12.jpg

David Taylor said:
It looks like this buggy is way off to the right of the line. Did you try it to the left the way I went ? Did anybody make up without the winch ?
There are acually three lines there of which the far left line is the easiest. I have made it up and then down all three and a winch is only to be used to get you off if you've broken. The way I see it, If you can't make a line without a winch, you don't belong on that particular trail.

Butler said:
There are acually three lines there of which the far left line is the easiest. I have made it up and then down all three and a winch is only to be used to get you off if you've broken. The way I see it, If you can't make a line without a winch, you don't belong on that particular trail.

Soory. when I saw this from Ron "He didn't make it on this attempt."
I took that to mean you didn't make it.

David Taylor said:
Wow, looks like that might hurt. What all did it take out ?

It looked really bad. The pinion was pointed straight up... 90 degrees from normal. The upper passenger arm at the frame was the failure point. The frame doubling "ripped" off, mostly a material failure. The axle housing rotation took out the lower ends of the shocks, and the u bolts on the pinion.

Lifting the chassis pulled just about everything back in place, Chris welded the upper link mount in a usable location, I put caps back on the u joint and bolted it back up. The airshock shafts threaded back on the lower mounts. It took around 45 mins to get sorted out, and I was able to drive it off the trail.

It's going to get another 3 inches of wheel base. Where the ride height is settling in at, I'm closer to 103", unloaded, it's gotta be less than 100".

--ron

Captain Ron said:
I flogged the livin hell outta the MJ on Backdoor. It was time for a bash test before I sort out all the stuff I shoulda had time to do right during the build.

Glad Cal and I came and watched.

Not too shabby for a cell phone.

Last edited:
ROBERTK said:
I sence ALOT of hostility between some here and the Tin Benders. You know when I got in to jeeping over a decade ago in a TJ there wasnt this type of drama. Its a shame that some here appear to have such issues with other groups that in such a short time have done such great things and in a way more then most, to help keep our land open to the public.

Yeah I know NAXJA has done good things and I am not trying to compare anything here. But daym theres some drama I feel here? And how can you be so hostile? towards a group (A VERY SMALL GROUP) for contribiting such many hours, money, blood sweat and fab work, to help YOU ALL as well as myself the continued enjoyment of out public land, as well as trying to fight to open previously public land.

As far as JV I could Care Fawking less if you think I am doing it the way you would, I am research and sitting back, Once I bought this XJ back around nov I sat and read and researched on what was different and such from the XJ to what I had in a TJ.

Ok well to all you too cool people out there, I think you should be on pirate more then here, unless your trying to bring pirate mentality in to this. And yeah yeah your medators and such. and your gods to some. But sorry I dont see it that way and yes I paid for a memebership here even before I bought my XJ. SO go a head and through your drama out there, since it makes ya feel better about your self..

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

dude, get a life... Or something... I mean empty post, just to get a reaction, that yes I bit in to, but still, it just shows / confirms... :moon:

Last edited:
dzraces said:
when is the next run?

The big one is in November but there is a lot of night runs in the meantime.

OT said:
Did you check with the TBs, before you scheduled this year?

:doh:

Back