• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest in Johnson Valley Nov 13-14

GF2010_0655.jpg

GF2010_0681.jpg

GF2010_0688.jpg

GF2010_0746.jpg

I just got around to getting my pics uploaded.

I also wanted to post up a big thanks to Carol for letting me borrow her car no questions asked, well at least until AFTER I had already left. Needed to run into Lucerne Valley for a blow torch and some solder to fix my radiator. Racing through the desert trying to beat Letterman back to camp was a blast. But the big puddle of coolant under my rig when I got there first wasn't much fun.

Radiator is less than 1 month old. Good thing I didn't buy the plastic and aluminum one. The fan clutch caught the support bracket and pushed it into the radiator tubes.
standard.jpg

Took out approx 5 or 6 tubes.
standard.jpg

I had been running this same clutch for years with no problem. It appears the new radiator is slightly bigger and caught one of the fingers on the clutch. The fingers have since been removed.
standard.jpg

Took a few hours to fix. Got help from Letterman and Jack. Goatman came by and heckled me until it got fixed and put back together.

Thanks again to Mike Finch, and to Carol for finding me a ride into town. My repair held for the 450 mile drive home, and is still holding up just fine.

I didn't take too many pics from the trip, but I got a few good ones along the way.

Letterman on the falls on Aftershock, less than 1 minute before :explosion
standard.jpg

Who needs a jack? Redneck trail jacks work great and are way safer than a high-lift.
standard.jpg

Oops....
standard.jpg

Dave got a chub....
standard.jpg

Jackhammer, possibly the most scenic and hardcore trail you will ever run.

Hard not to smile when having this much fun.
standard.jpg

Bee attack!
standard.jpg

Love the view in the background.
standard.jpg

Nice!
standard.jpg

Not the hardest section of trail I have ever run, but possibly the most nerve racking section of trail I have driven to date. Steep and loose, long drop-offs on both sides, and with a ledge I got jacked on about halfway up.
standard.jpg

Fissure Mountain trail. Been to JV 6 times, first time driving this trail. Love the views along the way.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Stopped along the top of the mountain for a beer and some food.
Letterman showing off his dance moves.

The running man.
standard.jpg

Doing a little freakin'
standard.jpg

The karate kid
standard.jpg

Last day, ran Clawhammer with some guys from So-Cal.

In the chute
standard.jpg

Spectacular views
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Cool rock, love the natural color.
standard.jpg

Josh
standard.jpg

That's it for my pics. Had a great time. I can't thank Letterman, Jes, and Porch Puppy enough for their many, many hours of work that went into getting my rig finished and back on the trail.

Hopefully some Sierra Chapter guys make it down next year. I plan on heading down again for next years Goatfest. Can't wait to get back.

:cheers:

Bryan and Dave, I had a blast and I am damn glad that you joined us on Claw as you increased the fun factor, but only by x4. Work on that next time and shoot for a factor of x5. :)

Great photos as usual!

Forgot about 2 pics I took with my blackberry.

Pic of Means Dry Lake from the top of Jackhammer.
standard.jpg

This pic was taken along the Fissure Mountain Trail. This is looking down at the top of Jackhammer. :greensmok

standard.jpg

Loved that trail.

Great lookin pic's guys, I would love to make it out there some day.

Back