• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I want to buy an AR..

Basic/bare bones but here is my first.still need a sling and want to add a magpull ctr stock
2012-04-12_17-48-58_153.jpg

Other side
ResizedImage_1334278277448.jpg

Lightning links? ATF would love my gun as it sits. :patriot:

A Lightning Link, paradoxically, is considered a "machine gun" in its own right - the firearm it goes into isn't registered on a Form 4 - just the Link.

It was billed as a "machine gun that fits in every wallet" - simply because the two pieces of sheet metal were smaller than a credit card.

A Drop-In Auto Scear fits the same bill - the DIAS is the machine gun, not the firearm it sits in. This is a few bits of metal about the size of two sugar cubes - and that requires an M16 fire control group to function as an automatic - a DIAS without M16 FC parts is just along for the ride.)

Ownership of either device, without even having a firearm to put it in, is still considered ownership of a "Machine Gun" - and even without a firearm to put it in, you'll still be prosecuted for it under "Constructive Intent" (and to Hell with "innocent until proven guilty - we're talking about F Troop here...)

Same problem with ownership of a set of M16 fire control parts (selector, trigger, bolt carrier, scear, hammer) or ownership of a short barrel without a pistol receiver to put it on, or anything else like that.

Y'ask me, F Troop should be disbanded, the constituent members put to work at real jobs, and the government should go back to the role it had in firearms regulation prior to 1934...

I still am.

the sale of these assault weapons should be stopped!

I am going to be handing this gun to the city during the next tax payer sponsered 100-dollar-certificate gun turn-in.

Heck, I'll give you 100.00 just for the upper complete. 2 pins and its apart.let me know.the only part that needs an FFL for transfer is the lower receiver, all other parts are legal to ship and sell.
Pm sent.
You could probably still get money from the state/county gun buy program also.

Last edited:
People that still fall for beezils schtick amaze me.

So Im looking at buying a bare lower. I see a stag lower for $100. Also found this really cool " Zombie style" lower. It is made by MEGA Machine shop. Never heard of them. Any advice before I purchase a bare lower?

I've seen the zombie ones just never in person.I would say get the stag lower, I don't have alot of experience with ar's but they are simple.quality would be my concern but they pretty much all come from the same casting, and the final machining is what makes or breaks quality.check out riflegear.com

All parts/manufacturers SHOULD interchange, I did have a yankee hill? Upper with a pin hole offset .02 . So some manufacturers will have better quality control. I thought I read/heard that dimensions are supposed to be mill spec. I have a stag lower and had no issues with parts fitment.
Also check out gunbroker.com I picked up a dpms lower parts kit for 65.00 shipped, just make sure that the first part installed in the lower is the mag lock.good old california law. :)

Last edited:
So Im looking at buying a bare lower. I see a stag lower for $100. Also found this really cool " Zombie style" lower. It is made by MEGA Machine shop. Never heard of them. Any advice before I purchase a bare lower?

Mega is local to me and my carbine was built on their lower. Same quality as any other forged lower I've seen. Mag well seems to be a bit more open than my DPMS though. It drops partially loaded mags freely instead of sticking. ;)

The S&W MP15 is a great gun from what I've heard. I was actually set on buying that until my uncle had an almost new Bushmaster for $700 at his house.

I've heard a lot of hate on Bushmaster?? Not really sure why. To be 100% honest, I bought mine not knowing a lot about AR's. All I knew is I wanted one and I didn't want to spend $1500 on one either. A good looking gun for a good price came my way so I picked it up. I honestly love my gun though. It shoots when I pull the trigger, it hits what I aim at, has all the necessary/not really necessary features (bolt assist, dust cover), etc. I've gone through a few hundred rounds since I bought it and never had a failure to fire or failure to eject.

With that being said, I know I got a really good price on mine but I've heard they are pretty expensive brand new. The price my uncle bought it was about $300-400 more than what he sold it to me for.

Since I bought it, I've put a Redfield 2-7x33mm scope on it with a RRA mount. The gun is dead on at 200 yards. I've been nothing but happy with my Bushmaster.

i own a pre-ban colt and i overpaid for it but i still love it and cant believe i waited this long to buy one.

i did have to spend an hour cleaning it b/c the po didnt appear to ever clean it. had mad carbon build up on the back of the firing pin that i had to scrape off.

Bought an Ar finally. Bought it at a gun show. DPMS complete. 16inch barrel. Floated quad rail, foregrip/Bipod and Flip sights. No carry handle, full upper rail. Bought it, than everyone went apeshit buying these things. Now i can't find ammo. Guess I'll have to wait til the stores actually have stock and prices go down.

Back