• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I want to buy an AR..

I was going to buy three or four stripped lowers this past summer and sit on them for future builds

It slipped off my list of things to do and now im kicking myself

I was going to buy three or four stripped lowers this past summer and sit on them for future builds

It slipped off my list of things to do and now im kicking myself

Too bad you don't know anybody that knows how to run a mill and source blocks of aluminum.

Just out of curiosity, what forums are good for building your own AR? I want to start learning about the mechanisms and how they work.

80% lowers are being sold on gunbroker.com for 130 shipped, just kinda sucks paying that much for something I have to finish Machinig. oh-well.

You don't have to do a NICS check though, right?

Bought an Ar finally. Bought it at a gun show. DPMS complete. 16inch barrel. Floated quad rail, foregrip/Bipod and Flip sights. No carry handle, full upper rail. Bought it, than everyone went apeshit buying these things. Now i can't find ammo. Guess I'll have to wait til the stores actually have stock and prices go down.

welcome to the world of evil black rifles. :scottm:
what took you so long to join the club?

btw: ammo prices do not go down, they only seem to keep going up. :bawl:

Why does anyone NEED an assault rifle?

Seems stupid and unecessary

1. It is ILLEGAL to build an assault rifle without first receiving the permission of BATFE, and to receive that permission you would have to have a MANUFACTURERS' license that allows the construction of assault weapons.

2. If you don't understand number 1 above, then you don't know WTF an "assault rifle" is.

1. It is ILLEGAL to build an assault rifle without first receiving the permission of BATFE, and to receive that permission you would have to have a MANUFACTURERS' license that allows the construction of assault weapons.

2. If you don't understand number 1 above, then you don't know WTF an "assault rifle" is.

you win the bluegill award!

Just out of curiosity, what forums are good for building your own AR? I want to start learning about the mechanisms and how they work.

ar-15.com is fine, although for a beginner, it's hard to extrct the good information from all the bullsshhit.

try this:
http://www.midwayusa.com/General.mvc/Index/how-to-build-ar-15-rifle

i built (not bought) my first ar-15.

i recommend building...but realize, it's not going to save you money. you build for the knowledge and experience.

Actually before '86, you(the individual) could make(as in machine from raw metal)the parts to build a machine gun(make or modify the receiver/serial numbered part) as long as you applied for the tax stamp and were approved first. In '86 congress passed and the president signed a law freezing the "civilian" registry.(Thank you Ted and George) Now they will no longer approve form-4s to build new or reactivate machine guns for civilian transfer.

See post 47.

8B86A0EB-BB5C-4641-B7DB-1C9E7C3A1121.jpg

Here's a pic of it. Don't shoot it too often, but it still is fun. I prefer my long range Remington Model 700 over this gun.

whenever I go to front sights in NV I can remove the mag lock and use my other mags.

Beezil that's a good looking rifle

Back