• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help needed in denver (navy vet)

We had some sammiches:

michelle05.jpg

Some parts:

michelle06.jpg

Some Jeep weather :)

michelle07.jpg

Doug and Gary came over and helped get the work done, and do most of the other inspections. After some chiding from the shop's owner, we back-flushed the heater core and got some rust and gasket sealer out. The heater seems to be working better.

All in all, it was a great day! It hardly seemed like work, maybe because Doug and Gary did most of that. :D

Thanks again, to everybody who helped pull this off!!!!!!!!!!! NAXJA :cheers: NAXJA

Thanks for coordinating all of this! And for the sandwiches and barley pop. It was great meeting you and Michelle. I'm glad Doug got to do the work under the snowy Jeep!

hey thank you guys so much for spending your sunday working on my jeep!!!:) i appreciate it greatly and it was so nice to be able to meet some of. your all awesome!!!

Good news indeed! Thanks for the follow up. :thumbup:

She's ALIVE!!!! :)

So, how is Brantley?

Brandtly is doing alright haha. has been having some trouble starting lately tho. something silly is going on with battery. i just wiggle the wires around though and it seems to start up most of the time.:)

Try popping them off and cleaning them and the posts up real well. That may fix a bad connection with little effort.

I talked to Michelle for a bit tonight, her jeep has been overheating. Long story short, Brandtly has oil in the cooling system, and coolant in the oil. :tear:

Right now, all options, including another vehicle, are on the table. Does anyone have a 4-banger that is suitable for a '97?

I talked to Michelle for a bit tonight, her jeep has been overheating. Long story short, Brandtly has oil in the cooling system, and coolant in the oil. :tear:

Right now, all options, including another vehicle, are on the table. Does anyone have a 4-banger that is suitable for a '97?

Damn, there was a lower mileage 2.5L on craigs a short time ago, but I can't find it now. Solid running used 2.5's are hard to find.

Not good......:shocked:

hey guys!! yeah the jeep is in the shop now ill let you know when i find out what all is wrong :/ hopefully nothing too insane but….doesnt sound good haha

hey guys!! yeah the jeep is in the shop now ill let you know when i find out what all is wrong :/ hopefully nothing too insane but….doesnt sound good haha

Thanks!

I thought about following up with Michelle tonight, maybe tomorrow night...

Thanks!

I thought about following up with Michelle tonight, maybe tomorrow night...

Actually if you can make it to south Denver by Sloan's lake you can look through the garage for XJ parts. I got the rig when a relative sold his cabin and it only had 80,000 miles on it only being driven during summer vacation.

I didn't have it a year before it got lifted, 8.8, sye, etc.

Check your PM for contact info

Back