• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help needed in denver (navy vet)

coolcruiserfj40

NAXJA Forum User
Never been on this forum so I'm sorry for the cry for help as a first post.

One of my good friends and navy vet (22 year old girl) just moved to Denver and blew the rear end out of her 97 cherroke she's barley scrapping by on her gi bill can anyone help her out with a scrap 3rd member?

Never been on this forum so I'm sorry for the cry for help as a first post.

One of my good friends and navy vet (22 year old girl) just moved to Denver and blew the rear end out of her 97 cherroke she's barley scrapping by on her gi bill can anyone help her out with a scrap 3rd member?

........ is she running a 9" ?

........ is she running a 9" ?

I can't confirm that I don't remember a 9 when she was working for me so I'm thinking 35. She just said she thinks it's a 410 if you check my record on pirate I've donated hundred on hundreds to help people to places etc any help you guys can give would be amazing she's an awesome chick who is truly skating by on her gi bill

Hey guys, was about to post this from Pirate after talking with Cruiser here.

I've got a phone number as well he PM'd me.

If there is anyone who thinks they can help this gal at all please feel free to PM me and I can get you her number ASAP.

Where in Denver? Is the jeep stranded or need towed?

Unfortunately, all the 35's I have are MJ axles. I'd be surprised if her axle has 4:10's unless it's been re-geared or is a 4 cyl XJ. I imagine we're looking at a 3:55 for auto and 3:07 for manual trans.

I'm more than willing to help with moving the jeep if it needs to go somewhere. If someone has an axle that needs brought to where she is or where the jeep is at, I can do that as well.

Last edited:
A four-banger with manual transmission and ABS, is a tall order. Then, you have to find out what years interchange...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Just got off the phone, I'll have pictures tomorrow.

The XJ is a 4-cylinder with manual transmission. The ABS question is yet to be answered.

The young lady (never did catch a name) did say that the jeep started making a squealing noise, which got worse before it stopped moving. She gave a time line which indicates the change was sudden.

I told her how to find the chapter forum, so the call out of the blue would seem less creepy. :rolleyes: Maybe she'll even register and post. :)

Hey everyone!! Oh my gosh your all amazing thank you so much. Ill know about the ABS first thing tomorrow and have the pictures sent to mike. I appreciate you all:)

Yep. 4cyl + Manual trans = 4:10 gears. Should be a D35 as well.

I am happy to help wrench as well, but am unavailable until next week. If anything gets figured out post up a time and place.

Car-part.com does not show a rear diff with ABS and 4.10 ratio. It does show either Dana 35 or 8.25 with 4.10's...... 99 4cyl that we got cash 4 clunker trade was a 8.25 with 4.10's.

If it has ABS , it should be a 35. I can pitch in cash for an axle and/or gear set.

I know its may not be helping or the best idea, but it may be easier to find an 8.8 with 4.10's, which came in eploders and rangers since strength isn't a must in this ATM. I can give the perches and shock mounts, I just don't have the ubolts or spring plates. I may be able to weld them in, dependent on the weekend.

Just a thought....

We need more information at this point, but thanks! :thumbup:

I have nothing for ABS or 4.10's but am available to assist where I can. Is it easier to delete ABS? FN Jeep is just down the road and has shelves of used gear sets but they can be high on price. I can move parts from Colorado Springs to Denver.

Back