• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gulches Oct. 10-12

Weather is looking questionable for saturday. I'm still going, but it looks like rain kinda later in the day.

Keep a close eye on it. He closes if its really bad.

He closes it if 2 drops fall out of the sky... he posts park conditions frequently. I'll watch for it. He usually posts park conditions on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Also, I MIGHT come friday night and camp. Will, are there people camping in the park? Night wheeling? If ya'll aren't camping inside the park I doubt I'll be coming friday. I can drink beer at my own house.

Skip says he's not closing it on us. I plan to ride Friday afternoon as much as I can. Should be there around 1-3 PM EST. I'm camping at that cabin just down the road with some friends. All the good sites are called for. I'm sure there is room if you want to join Friday night, I just need to check and make sure it is still just two people camping so there us enough took . Let me know if you want to.

We'll see. I might just ride out in the green Jeep on Friday and come back Saturday morning in the trail Jeep.

Like I said, if I'm not camping in the park I'll just go back home. No night wheeling kinda defeats the purpose for me.

Last edited:
All I have to do is strap the tools back down, load her up and go! I'm either staying a D's house Friday night or my parents house in Aiken then heading up Saturday for the day. Should be in about 10 or so. I need to make sure my air gauge is in the glove box this time. Is papa gulch still there? Last time we went wasn't there some trails closed?

All I have to do is strap the tools back down, load her up and go! I'm either staying a D's house Friday night or my parents house in Aiken then heading up Saturday for the day. Should be in about 10 or so. I need to make sure my air gauge is in the glove box this time. Is papa gulch still there? Last time we went wasn't there some trails closed?

I don't know if it's open or not. I didn't go over that way last time.

For once, it is.

Too bad I have to drive it over instead of tow it.

I have a trailer and can and will get you home if I need to..... just sayin! :cheers:

Stripped a bolt out of the steering box today and have a slight shackle related pinion vibe since I changed to my Deavers. Not perfect but I think it'll hold for the weekend.

Is helicoiling a steering box strong enough or should I put a new one on?

Stripped a bolt out of the steering box today and have a slight shackle related pinion vibe since I changed to my Deavers. Not perfect but I think it'll hold for the weekend.

Is helicoiling a steering box strong enough or should I put a new one on?

Which bolt? If its one of the ones you can get to I'd put a longer grade 8 in there and a nut on the back side..... :scared:

A helicoil would probably work but I'd be acquiring a new box when I could.

It'd probably be a PITA to get it to work right though. Since the bolt goes all the way through the hole.

I've got another box. I just don't know if it's any good. It was on my D30 when I did my 4wd swap. It's the very top one. I got it up to 40mph and it still felt good and made a little noise which is what I was trying to find to begin with. I'll just keep an eye on it this weekend. I don't know if there is enough room for a nut, it'd be tight.

Back