• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gulches Oct. 10-12

I've looked at that map before and I guess it's just me, but a can barely make sense of it since it feels so much different when I'm there. Maybe it was trail 8? All I can remember is it was mainly dirt, rutted out worse on one side than the other so it wanted to push your rig into the hillside, and spectators on the sidelines are basically looking down at the roofs of the rigs on the trail. I guess that doesn't sound like it makes much sense either lol

That's Heart breaker.

At the end of the trail was the big rock garden to the right, an easy route out the middle and a slightly more difficult line to the left. Or you can turn right out of the trail before all that.

Once you're out at the top is the big pile of tires and the mud pit.

Sound familiar?

Trail 8 is the one along the river. Heartbreaker is where someone broke IIRC. Is 28 papa gulch?

I remember that. I think I was right behind him when it happened? Anyway, I have some pics at home of some other rigs on the trail I'm talking about. I'll post them when I get home.

Oof! :spin1:

You could always buy a set of driveway ramps to help get it up there. May not be a permanent solution but it'll work in a pinch.

Anyway, here are a few pics of that trail that Wendy took about 3 years ago at one of the events Skip put on

Edit: Damn...looking at the dates it was 4 years ago. Time flies, eh?

Are the logs in the trail South Carolina rock stacking?

That was a fun day.

DSC00883.jpg

That is to the left of shipwreck isn't it? Looking forward to next weekend. This weekend though I'm going to Myrtle with D to see Cheap Trick at the House of Blues!

Back