• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gulches Oct. 10-12

94xjsport94

NAXJA Forum User
My club is having our big annual ride at Gulches on Oct. 10-12. We normally have a pretty big showing and a good many newbs come out to see what wheeling is all about. We split up into different groups and get a good bit of riding in and can do the whole park considering how small the park is. The only problem I have is that I am the only XJ in a group of TJ's and JK's. So, anyone who wants is more than welcome to come out for the weekend and ride. I know Andy said he is going to be there since it is just down the road from him, but everyone is welcome. Somehow I got the whole weekend off so I'll be camping at a private cabin about 1 mile away from the park with some friends.

I plan on doing Shipwreck as it looks fun as hell.

Not sure when I will be able to ride again after this with my new job, so this might be the last one for a while. Wish I could do the flog too :(

Taint ready. Needed new boards, new brakes, and some fab work done. Plus it can't be tagged under my name and be on my parents insurance. I am still under my parents insurance because it is cheaper for me to pay my part that way rather than to have my own policy. I have to wait one on of them to get motivated enough to go get a new tag for the thing. It might be ready in time but I'm not sure.

SC doesn't require a tag or insurance on trailers. You just gotta get over the border. :)

Only if they stay in the state..... If the trailer goes out of the state of SC it is supposed to be tagged. I will now keep and eye on this thread and $$$ permitting come over for the day.

It is a 4 hour drive and SC is the last hour. Lol

I'll be driving up friday. Not sure what I am going to do about the ATL traffic on Friday morning towing... That will suck.

It is a 4 hour drive and SC is the last hour. Lol

I'll be driving up friday. Not sure what I am going to do about the ATL traffic on Friday morning towing... That will suck.

Drive though it? Been there done that many times before. It's fun as hell. They get the hell out of the way.

My heep may be back together and trail ready by then. I was planning to go this weekend for the Krawlapalooza event, but being as how it's our anniversary, well you know.....Pigeon Forge it is lol :rolleyes:

Only if they stay in the state..... If the trailer goes out of the state of SC it is supposed to be tagged. I will now keep and eye on this thread and $$$ permitting come over for the day.

I missed this.

I've never owned a tagged trailer. I've drove all over GA, SC, NC, VA, KY and some of Florida towing a trailer with no issues. I hope my luck continues.

I missed this.

I've never owned a tagged trailer. I've drove all over GA, SC, NC, VA, KY and some of Florida towing a trailer with no issues. I hope my luck continues.

Me too. However that is what the DMV told me.

Hmm, it's a little over 2 hours from Charlotte...depending on what all I have to do that weekend I may be able to drive the ZJ down and ride with someone if there's an open seat

Insurance isn't required for trailers in GA, but it's always a good idea to at least get theft/vandalism coverage because...it's cheap insurance lol :rolleyes:

Just ask Glenn......his bad fortune was what got me off my ass and got mine covered. It's like $120 a year or something like that.

On a related note, when I bought mine new in 2010, I got the MSO and carried it to the tag office expecting to get a title. They informed me they don't issue titles for trailers, so my reaction to the poor lady was..."then why the hell do you require a tag for it?"

Insurance isn't required for trailers in GA, but it's always a good idea to at least get theft/vandalism coverage because...it's cheap insurance lol :rolleyes:

Just ask Glenn......his bad fortune was what got me off my ass and got mine covered. It's like $120 a year or something like that.

On a related note, when I bought mine new in 2010, I got the MSO and carried it to the tag office expecting to get a title. They informed me they don't issue titles for trailers, so my reaction to the poor lady was..."then why the hell do you require a tag for it?"

And the new one is tagged and insured. $34/ 6 months with geico... :banghead:

Back