• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Four link rear/URF three link front shakedown pics

lugie said:
compared to those mudzillas, slicks work in just about everything
Hey, don't be hate'n on the zillas.
Actually they are a good tire. They got a bad rap from poor performance in wet rocks. Not their forte'.
They're great in mud (obviously) and absolutely ruled in Moab. OK, everything does well in Moab but these tires truly outperformed all others there.

They even did OK in BOTW after I reversed them.

lugie said:
we have different definitions of "ok"
I switched them just before Parker and had no traction issues after that.
Created some monster death wobble though.
Reversed, they wanted to go any way but straight. :scared:

OneTonXJ said:
You're just foolin' around now, right??
Dammit, one more tug on the line and I had him :D

FarmerMatt said:
Looks cool Brad. Do you have the #'s figured out for your antisquate? Looks like it's got tons. In doing research for doing mine I've noticed them built both ways & every way in between. Just curious what you ended up at.

Matt
Sorry I missed this Matt.
I haven't bothered with AS numbers since I'm not really convinced they mean much on a trail rig. Every time I hear the AS discussion it starts with something like this caveate, "of course, as soon as you point upward, your numbers completely change."
I agree.
I think AS is very important in a race car where you're on a flat track looking for traction. Our traction needs, however, really start when things turn vertical.
In fact, I'll go a step farther and say that a very high AS might (now this is theory here) be an asset.
Think about it, one big problem with climbing is the weight shift causeing front end unloading, particularly with longarms. A high AS actually forces more of the weight back on the front.
So far, Ive been very happy with the climbing ability; walking spots I've always had to power over, if make at all. This is NW Indiana, however, without a lot of vertical to test it with.
Guess we'll find out in May. :cheers:

Not having dealt with this too much........it seems that there is an acceptable range of anti-squat, from there it's personal preference. Out of that range, too much anti-squat will make the rear end want to walk under the rig when climbing especially when the arms are shorter, and too little anti-squat will let the rear end squat too much allowing even more weight transer.

Race cars make it adjustable, even with rear leaf springs, but it would be hard to do that with the limited room on an XJ.

I think light weight and an overall low center of gravity is what helps the most on climbs.

kid4lyf said:
Dammit, one more tug on the line and I had him :D

I should have just posted what I really thought of those tires, I was just being nice.

Don't worry, Seans winch fee is fairly minimal, it's only when we have to wait on the slow turd of a winch you have that the rate goes up.

lugie said:
I should have just posted what I really thought of those tires, I was just being nice.

Don't worry, Seans winch fee is fairly minimal, it's only when we have to wait on the slow turd of a winch you have that the rate goes up.
WhoTF is this guy?

kid4lyf said:
WhoTF is this guy?

He's the guy Sean borrowed his tires from! Between them, they pieced together 1 Jeep for BOTW!

CRASH said:
He's the guy Sean borrowed his tires from! Between them, they pieced together 1 Jeep for BOTW!
I liked him better when he was upside down
Jes said:
He gave me Yuengling.
A little penicillin will clear that right up.

Back