• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Daily Driver picked up, mazdaspeed6

I was going to say ... how the hell did you fit in it , my wife liked the mini
but I don't fit so it was a no go . Power was lacking in my department as well .
However one of the best handling cars on the market besides the Lotus Elise
sport . Witch I can not fit in either :laugh3:

Dood I used to own a miata. Lol u just get used to it

btw Johnjohn-don't try to "no lift to shift" in your mini. It didn't work, I tired really hard like 4 times(had to make sure it wasn't driver error) :)
but it heel toes damn nice

Not me dude , knees against the dash is no go in my book now a days .
The wife had a wolfsburg edition Jetta with the stage 3 intercooler and turbo
intake set up , I preferred that car for performance and handling over most at the time but after jumping out of UH-60's and C-130's for a while my knees
won't put up with it . There actually starting to act up when I ride for long
periods without doing some EF'n Yoga in the front yard ....

I was going to say ... how the hell did you fit in it , my wife liked the mini
but I don't fit so it was a no go . Power was lacking in my department as well .
However one of the best handling cars on the market besides the Lotus Elise
sport . Witch I can not fit in either :laugh3:

You must have driven a non-turbo. My mini eats Vets and Mustangs for lunch on the track. It has more legroom for the driver and passenger than any XJ I've owned...even more front leg room than my JK!

Don't get me wrong , I've always been a fan of the lighter the better on sports
cars and the little mini's have always fit the bill , like I said they handle like a dream but I wasn't impressed with the power . Turbo's don't do it for me anymore , I'm more of a supercharged guy now a days .

The onlysupercharged car I would ever buy is a 03/04 terminator cobra
the power efficiency/tuning options are just too good with turbo factoy cars
baby eating size turbo's on a notch fox body mustang is the truth for power. When u got turbo lag on a v8 ur doin some bidness (good things come to those who wait)

When u got turbo big enough to lag on a v8 ur doin some bidness (good things come to those who wait)

Fixed.

In diesel world, we don't like turbo lag. There are two ways to fix it... a VGT and a compound setup. VGTs are cool, but a bitch... they need constant input from a handful of different sensors to function properly, and if they're tuned wrong you can grenade a piston like its nothing (may not happen with a gasser, diesels and gassers are very different engines). The other way, which is what I plan on doing to the next truck I get with my Army money, is to run dual turbos, but not side by side. You have the big turbo for the big power, and then a small turbo in front of it to spool and produce boost at low RPMs which in turn spools up the big one, which set up right will give you monster boost almost right off the line.
Looks like this:
compound_1.jpg

And does this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnWI9iw2zgw

Last edited:
Too many pipes for my taste/ how about a lil nitrous hit to get that thing spinnin? That wakes up 4banger cars with gi-hugant turbos. Nitrous just seems easier to run(no experience at all with The other fuel motors)

Fixed.

In diesel world, we don't like turbo lag. There are two ways to fix it... a VGT and a compound setup. VGTs are cool, but a bitch... they need constant input from a handful of different sensors to function properly, and if they're tuned wrong you can grenade a piston like its nothing (may not happen with a gasser, diesels and gassers are very different engines). The other way, which is what I plan on doing to the next truck I get with my Army money, is to run dual turbos, but not side by side. You have the big turbo for the big power, and then a small turbo in front of it to spool and produce boost at low RPMs which in turn spools up the big one, which set up right will give you monster boost almost right off the line.
Looks like this:
compound_1.jpg

And does this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnWI9iw2zgw

lol, i have seen this a couple times now. you really think the army is gonna make you a ritch man? haha. not tryin to be a jerk, just want to give you a little insight.

let me first say that i am the retention guy for my company, and tell you that uber PH@T bonus isn't what you think. 10K-taxes after you finish AIT=7000-7500 tops, then annual installments of the rest of the bonus for the rest of your contract (taxed as well, unless your in a combat zone) don't get me wrong, i love the army, but it definetly hasn't given me all the money in the world to do all these glorious things i want to do.

EDIT: also, im an EOD tech, we have some of the biggest bonuses out there, and a metric ton of special pays. and i still have to live on a budget. im comfortable, and was able to build up my jeep (now kiefers) in a relatively short time, but that was thanks to tax returns.

Last edited:
Back