• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Daily Driver picked up, mazdaspeed6

Right there with ya djmanche..... The Aura is a bitchin' little ride. I liked it but the wife didn't - had to have an suv..... so we brought home the TBSS3.

Cool car manche, when did you take that pic? I see a grand choero in my driveway? lol wtf. Must have been before I bought that place. The car im talking about is in the first pic. It is cut-out by the platic basketball hoop. lol

As far as the mazda goes, it shares most parts from what iv'e seen with the other 2.3's. The n/a 2.3 in the other mazda's and the speed 3. Parts wont be hard to find, and the reliability of a mazda compared to a VW/Volvo.... Really

For my taste, I will take this car on some NASA events. I will do some auto-crossing
Check out this review.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/Top-Gear-Season-8-Episode_190727.htm (the first section iof the video is a review between the mazda and some other cars)

In the good o'l us of a we get more power than the europeans,
0-to-60-mph time: 5.4 sec
Quarter-mile time: 14.0 sec @ 99 mph
Sited from the us's car and driver

Now if you check out the top gear track time http://www.fastestlaps.com/track1.html

the ms6 comes in number 128, With less power than the american version its faster around their track than....lets see check out some of the mentionable cars here...cough

A lotus espirit v8
the cts-v
the s2000
VW Golf Mk V GTI
Audi TT 3.2 quattro
Mercedes SL 55 AMG
volvo s60r

Last edited:
I got lucky , My wife likes how it peals the tires off through the first two gears .
The only problem is , now she wants the father of this car , the new CTS-V ...:doh:

Too bad they quit making the Saturn line , It was one of the only American car manufacturers
straight sticking it to the Imported luxury market . Cheaper , faster and most importantly , American !!! No worries about a turbocharger or a supercharger corroding the valves in 30,000
miles either . However not too much power ,still gets about 27 mpg so I can afford more ammo for all my 7.62x39mm rifles ... :shhh: Don't tell Obama ...

Cool car manche, when did you take that pic? I see a grand choero in my driveway? lol wtf. Must have been before I bought that place. The car im talking about is in the first pic. It is cut-out by the platic basketball hoop. lol

As far as the mazda goes, it shares most parts from what iv'e seen with the other 2.3's. The n/a 2.3 in the other mazda's and the speed 3. Parts wont be hard to find, and the reliability of a mazda compared to a VW/Volvo.... Really

For my taste, I will take this car on some NASA events. I will do some auto-crossing
Check out this review.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/Top-Gear-Season-8-Episode_190727.htm (the first section iof the video is a review between the mazda and some other cars)

In the good o'l us of a we get more power than the europeans,
0-to-60-mph time: 5.4 sec
Quarter-mile time: 14.0 sec @ 99 mph
Sited from the us's car and driver

Now if you check out the top gear track time http://www.fastestlaps.com/track1.html

the ms6 comes in number 128, With less power than the american version its faster around their track than....lets see check out some of the mentionable cars here...cough

A lotus espirit v8
the cts-v
the s2000
VW Golf Mk V GTI
Audi TT 3.2 quattro
Mercedes SL 55 AMG
volvo s60r

I knew you'd see the XJ back there , pic was taken in early 08' .
Thought you'd get a kick from seeing a white XJ still in your driveway .

soo, what japanese cars is your saturn sticking it to and how. I love ya manche, im just sayin lol.

Not just Japs , all import luxury . You put the CTS-v on that list up there but you may not know that the XR is a CTS . Drive train , body and interior wise
its the same car , different logo . The Saturn is only 28k fully loaded vs its
bigger brother the CTS at 36k base model . No it doesn't have the 400+
power that most the high end luxury cars have but this isn't a 80k dollar Uber
Lux mobile . It just drives feels and looks like one .
Look at the specs .
Direct injected 3.6L Twin cam ( 280-290 hp) depending on model .
Vehicle weight 3400 lbs
Sport shift six speed trans , manual or auto .
Real leather interior , heated seats , Onstar , XM , wireless radio headsets , ext..ext...
Factory 18" wheels .
Limited slip , sport tuned suspension .
As far as the Time slips go , There real close to the mazda depending on review . Some better than others .

I guess doing like 2min of searching I don't see what your talking about.
What model offers the 280-290hp?

lol, hmm/ naxja's first underground street race....

The Aura XR only , XE models have a 3.5L motor . Also the later models of the XR came with slightly better horse power , mine is an 08' , one of the last ones built . I'll admit they are easy to over look being that most people don't think of Saturn being anything of a Luxury or a performance vehicle .
It really shocks them when it has both . Keep in mind this car still has a bit of economy in it , as far as speed slips I'll bust out the 10 sec bike but this car hasn't had any trouble woopin some mustangs and a couple Nissan Z's .
The car is geared low enough for stoplight racing but eco enough on the highway .

Still can't find anything close to what your saying on here

All im seeing is 15.2 1/4 mile times for this varient
2008 xr aura
Performance Review
-
3,564 cc 3.6 liters V 6 front engine with 94.0 mm bore, 85.6 mm stroke, 10.2 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder LY7

-
Unleaded fuel 87

-
Fuel consumption: EPA 08 urban (mpg): 17, country/highway (mpg): 26, combined (mpg): 20, 7.2, 11.1, 8.5, 20, 31 and 24

-
Multi-point injection fuel system

-
16.0 gallon main unleaded fuel tank 13.3

-
Power: 188 kW , 252 HP SAE @ 6,300 rpm; 251 ft lb , 339 Nm @ 3,200 rpm

The XR's 252-hp 3.6-liter V6 is considerably stronger and more relaxed in character, thanks to more sophisticated engineering: a higher compression ratio, dual overhead camshafts, and four valves per cylinder.The 3.6-liter comes with a six-speed automatic featuring Tap-Shift paddles on the steering wheel to make manual shifting faster and more convenient.

Yeah , I've found quite a few varied reports on the actual power , last time I looked it was closer to 280hp with a 14.4 quarter mile . Again varied statements from review to review , but its been a couple years now .

I'm glad you're getting a grown up sports car , I like the more sophisticated
means of transport ...

Thanks man, ya/ you need to come have a beer with us sometime before flores gets out of the house for sure man,

Yep , I'll have to come out and check the interior out for sure , thats what impresses me most now a days . I'm not going to believe Flores will actually
move out until I see it happen ...:D

ya it could be a while....

If we would have "let the best car win" Chevy would be dead. 97+ XJs were made in Canada right?

My import
652026439_eATJd-L.jpg

kvk6ul is 4x100
great story behind the guy that makes them too. I'm thinking a miata since they come accross soo cheap for a road racer. Not sure/ going to enjoy this one and put in some good fluids in it and see how it does at pmi's road course.
You been to any NASA events with that mini

best ride in the mini so far was with mr guapo trying to get down in the mini and see what it was made of. at least it was the "S"

Back