• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build thread: Out of Misery, again...

Re: Build thread: Out of Misery, again....

These IRO trusses are BAAAD ASSSS! There is so much detail put into their d30 truss that I'm surprised it doesn't cost twice the money. VERY NICE WORK IRO!!

The arms are beef. I couldn't believe how heavy they were.

did you get any of the optional parts for that d30 truss? I'm trying to weigh my options on a d30 truss...

Those arms are tanks, I've helped install 2 different sets... Funny/Scary thing is my IronMan4x4 arms are prob twice the weight...

Watching this and wishing I was close enough to help... Then again, I got Bec's jeep I should work on...

After I get some blasting done and my trusses welded on, I'm going to make a trip to Club R for some gear install. I think we need to make an event (beer drinking in Macs garage) out of the install. (hint, hint Macgyvr)

I don't think this will be a problem...

mac 'as long as we can figure out which weekend' gyvr

I don't think this will be a problem...

mac 'as long as we can figure out which weekend' gyvr

I'm going to be working on getting the 30 stripped down and ready to go so when we have a common Friday/Saturday off we can get a drunk awn.

:cheers:

iro makes good stuff...pretty sure my track bar will still exist long after the rest of my jeep has rusted away

I'm jealous of all the nice parts your getting dan. Gonna be a bad a$$ Jeep when its done. I've dealt with iro in the past and they are great to work with. Let me know when you guys plan to do the gears. Will make a trip to have a couple drinks and help what I can.

Build thread: Out of Misery, again....

So they don't give you a way to set the caster or adjust the length of their radius arms?

Hmmm. Don't know what to think about that.

there's no length adjustment, but there is a caster adjustment at the axle end.

I'm not sure I would like a length adjustment, in the past with adjustable control arms, they got sloppy in the adjustment threads.

These IRO trusses are BAAAD ASSSS! There is so much detail put into their d30 truss that I'm surprised it doesn't cost twice the money. VERY NICE WORK IRO!!

picture.php

These look awesome!! I want!
The arms are beef. I couldn't believe how heavy they were.

picture.php

Why are the frame side bushing mounts (or whatever you'd call them) oblonged?
This build is really getting good!

I'm not sure I would like a length adjustment, in the past with adjustable control arms, they got sloppy in the adjustment threads.

My TNT arms have gone 60,000 mi. Many of them over long pounding dirt roads. Still tight as ever.

At least there is a caster adjustment. That would be a major turn off to me if there wasn't

Digging that truss though.

Re: Re: Build thread: Out of Misery, again....

My TNT arms have gone 60,000 mi. Many of them over long pounding dirt roads. Still tight as ever.

At least there is a caster adjustment. That would be a major turn off to me if there wasn't

Digging that truss though.

Maybe my opinion comes from owning Rustys adj control arms.

Maybe my opinion comes from owning Rustys adj control arms.

Lol. What? The quality of joints from a tractor supply store didn't impress you?

The control arms I always found to get slop and wear out quickly were the old Tera design where the arm had a free twisting joint in the center of the arm. Great idea in theory but in reality it just never worked out.

After I get some blasting done and my trusses welded on, I'm going to make a trip to Club R for some gear install. I think we need to make an event (beer drinking in Macs garage) out of the install. (hint, hint Macgyvr)

If you need a someone to supervise, I may know someone. :wave:

Kristin, the lady that answers the phone is a pure delight to talk to, it almost makes me wish I had problems with my order so I could call back. ;)

Yes, she is! Overall, I've been impressed with IRO every time I've dealt with them. Glad to see this project building steam. Wish I lived closer so I could help out.

Re: Re: Build thread: Out of Misery, again....

If you need a someone to supervise, I may know someone. :wave:

You will be informed when this happens.

Yes, she is! Overall, I've been impressed with IRO every time I've dealt with them. Glad to see this project building steam. Wish I lived closer so I could help out.

I wish a lot of you guys lived closer. :cheers:

Back