• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build thread: Out of Misery, again...

Re: Build thread: Out of Misery, again....

key with HVLP guns are the air pressure at the gun, the tip your using, and keeping them clean.

there is some technique, but its basically point and shoot if your not doing a show car. dont go crazy with clear coat either. adding more panes of glass doesnt make a window any clearer. you only need enough to protect then wet sand out the orange peal. 3-5 coats is usually sufficient.

Re: Re: Build thread: Out of Misery, again....

key with HVLP guns are the air pressure at the gun, the tip your using, and keeping them clean.

there is some technique, but its basically point and shoot if your not doing a show car. dont go crazy with clear coat either. adding more panes of glass doesnt make a window any clearer. you only need enough to protect then wet sand out the orange peal. 3-5 coats is usually sufficient.

I'm thinking of a gun to paint things like my axle, engine and such. I would be using single stage tractor paint, except for the engine, that would get high temp.

I'm thinking of a gun to paint things like my axle, engine and such. I would be using single stage tractor paint, except for the engine, that would get high temp.

You will be much happier with a quality gun from a reputable manufacturer than you will a cheap one. $100 isn't a lot to spend on one, but will get you in the ballpark.

The only thing that's nice about spray cans is the convienence, but it racks the cost up when you're doing a lot of stuff. If you have everything prepped, a quart can of rustoleum cut 50/50 goes a long way.

Like the other cats mentioned, air quality and pressure is very important.

After seeing the last rig a rainbow theme is in order for this one, spray cans would be waaaay easier.

:D

After seeing the last rig a rainbow theme is in order for this one, spray cans would be waaaay easier.

I demand an avatar change at that point. I did the hard part already for ya Dan. You can thank me later. :D

8783344143_4436d8e3fd_o.jpg

In... Like Flyyn!

Well, I wish I could say the Brown Santa came, but it was all on a FedX truck. The driver seems to be as excited to see what was in the boxes as I was. :D

For those who can't see my pics, you're gonna miss out on a lot of sexy parts... ;)

picture.php

These IRO trusses are BAAAD ASSSS! There is so much detail put into their d30 truss that I'm surprised it doesn't cost twice the money. VERY NICE WORK IRO!!

picture.php

The arms are beef. I couldn't believe how heavy they were.

picture.php

After I get some blasting done and my trusses welded on, I'm going to make a trip to Club R for some gear install. I think we need to make an event (beer drinking in Macs garage) out of the install. (hint, hint Macgyvr)

picture.php

Boxes of parts, very sexy, well manufactured parts...

picture.php

...and finally, after sweet talking Kristin at IRO, I had them throw in a new lid.

picture.php

Josh at IRO was great when I was ordering the parts, I had a lot of questions and he took the time to answer all of them. I never felt rushed.

Kristin, the lady that answers the phone is a pure delight to talk to, it almost makes me wish I had problems with my order so I could call back. ;)

Jason and the crew that attended and sponsored Winterfest 13 are all great people too, although I don't think he likes getting up early. lol

...the only thing I wish they would have put in with all the parts is a nice windshield sticker. I only got two of the round IRO stickers. :(

Now, I need to start getting stuff assembled. The Rock Sliders are on back order, but I've got a lot of work to do before that is a concern.

Back