• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build thread: Out of Misery, again...

Re: Build thread: Out of Misery, again....

Okay, I'm sorry that I don't use a more friendly way of hosting pics, maybe this will give Jeff something to do when he has nothing else to do. ;)

***PLEASE KEEP ON TOPIC!!!!***

Got the front clip off Friday, and a few miscellaneous items removed. Not a lot, but it's a start for the time I had...

picture.php

I really liked the front bumper I had on my original rig (prior to all the damage), so I went searching for a bumper with the same basic lines but better than my 10 year old Trail Ready bumper. I found this on eBay, and now it is mine. It is made by Logans Metal Products in Monroeville, PA.

picture.php

It is set up for a winch, but until I buy a winch it looks like just a bumper. When the winch is added, there is a plate that needs installed for the fairlead.

Okay, I'm sorry that I don't use a more friendly way of hosting pics, maybe this will give Jeff something to do when he has nothing else to do. ;)

***PLEASE KEEP ON TOPIC!!!!***

Got the front clip off Friday, and a few miscellaneous items removed. Not a lot, but it's a start for the time I had...

picture.php

I really liked the front bumper I had on my original rig (prior to all the damage), so I went searching for a bumper with the same basic lines but better than my 10 year old Trail Ready bumper. I found this on eBay, and now it is mine. It is made by Logans Metal Products in Monroeville, PA.

picture.php

It is set up for a winch, but until I buy a winch it looks like just a bumper. When the winch is added, there is a plate that needs installed for the fairlead.

I like that bumper. Pretty sure that's the one Ray Charles had on his rig.....

Regarding lift height. 5.5" just plain works out here in the midwest. I lifted all my rigs back up because I was sick of dragging my belly on everything at the Badlands. I came from 4" on 35's and 37's. Now I'm up to 5.5"-6.5" on all my rigs and everything just works better.

If Dan sets his steering up right, dials in that caster, all will be well. If you're still worried about road manners just go hydro assist. 1500psi is a great steering stabilizer

That bumper is suhweet! I've seen similar ones on ebay and thought about them when I was in the market. I like the lines and how the winch sits lower.

The Logan's bumper is a sweet unit! I've thought about a winch bumper but i've got a slide in winch plate so i don't always have to carry 100 extra pounds of weight around when I don't need it. Looking forward to seeing this one built. I love the silver ones.

That bumper looks reminiscent of a limited run bumper out of Chicago's South Side.

damn bro i didnt know you sold your jeep. congrats on the new build! cant wait to see the finished product!

Looking at the pic of the shell on the trailer made me think of something. How hard is it to get into the driver's fender to change a pump on the windshield washer reservoir?

Anyone feel free to go after that question, not just Dan.

It took me longer to open the package my pump came in, of course my fenders are trimed and I haven't made a new inner fender yet..

Can't wait to see where this one goes , of course i'm partial to the Silver ones .

I Have the logans with the Pre-Runner bars and Warn 8274 mount added .
I had some C.S. Issues with them but In the end it was a good deal on a bumper I really like.

I would add a gusset or 2 inside though , mine is bent a bit already from using it to guide me up rocks and logs .

Back