• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BleepinJeep's Project Scorpion Crawler Build Thread

yeah what cotton said. sylvana is making led replacement blubs now for marker lights and they are brighter but not so bright they would blind anyone.

Thanks for the comments guys, Not much progress to show but I did get the front fenders in and got the hood cut...

This is the line I decided to go with for the front fender:

IMG_5415_zpsjeujtkcb.jpg

It kind of comes away from the body a bit and then swoops across the hood and down to the bumper:

IMG_5416_zpszluligi9.jpg

IMG_5459_zpsjejnnsdd.jpg

IMG_5461_zps1xqkjixe.jpg

This is the first cage Ive ever made so figuring out these offsets was a b****:

IMG_5467_zpsurvunsax.jpg

I then carefully cut the hood intentionally long and then rolled it over the edge to give it a nice clean (no cut your hands) lip.

IMG_5468_zps3h1n6cmb.jpg

And thats pretty much what it looks like now. I think I'll come off the fenders to the frame with some tube or plate to make a mount for the upper ORI's.

IMG_5488_zpscryw1jfh.jpg

It's gonna be one long SOB once I get er done:

IMG_5490_zpsm3nl4ceq.jpg

tube work looks great.

D44s bad idea. but you'll fix that after a while. ;)

It's refreshing to see someone do a build and actually purchase new tires for it vs using some 20 year old, toasted tires they bought off craigslist with 1/64" tread left on them.

Great work man!

david

Tube work is looking really clean. It's gonna be long? Hey, it is a wagon after all. I'm tired of seeing micro machines on the trail anyway.

Looks good. Where are you finding tube. I have no clue where to find the right diameter tubing. Home Depot sells conduit but I don't think you can weld that. What color you painting it when you're done?

Looks good. Where are you finding tube. I have no clue where to find the right diameter tubing. Home Depot sells conduit but I don't think you can weld that. What color you painting it when you're done?

lol if you use home depot to buy tube you shouldnt be fabricating anything. Any steel yard should have the tube you need.

Conduit? You are kidding, right? Please tell me you are kidding.

Geez, really shooting for that tard trophy. Hopefully it's built from conduit.

Matt, doing a great job with the build. Looking forward to more!

lol, I actually did use home depot conduit for the rolled edge on the hood... but yeah you need to find a metal supply by looking in the (dare I say) phonebook or at least the online version of a phonebook. Metal Supply, they are usually hiding in a city's industrial area, mine is about an hour away.

an hour? rough.

there are at least 10 within 15 minutes of my house.

Back