• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any experienced lifters willing to help lift 2" in Raleigh?

Don't listen to Ghost. 33s is a whole different animal. 31s are just about perfect for you and anyone that isn't dedicated toy almost to trailer queen. That comes from the man with 62s :)

Ghost is an enabler!

And yeah, I agree. I'll rock 31s at the most. 33s may come if and when the XJ ever gets retired from street duty. Not likely for many years.

I'm hoping we can measure the lift after we get the springs/spacers/leafs installed (not before/after, but new stock vs. OME, not sure on stock specs but I'm sure we can find them)... When I talked to a local shop about ordering the parts they said the OME stuff is actually measured with the rig loaded, and that it would come out closer to 3". I guess we'll see.

Maybe it's a good thing that my 2" Bilsteins got backordered and cancelled.

Nick, any idea what time we kick-off tomorrow?

Oh and Cottontail your ride looks perfect. I haven't seen Tim's ride, something about $200 in gas money... :D The reason I didn't want to go to 3.5" is that through research I read that anything over 3" and 31s starts hurting MPG. I didn't buy it for MPG, but I sure want to maximize that balance.

Last edited:
Oh and Cottontail your ride looks perfect. I haven't seen Tim's ride, something about $200 in gas money... :D The reason I didn't want to go to 3.5" is that through research I read that anything over 3" and 31s starts hurting MPG. I didn't buy it for MPG, but I sure want to maximize that balance.

Thanks. It works well for me. A few issues with low clearance on my 8.8 rear, but I'll work though that.

I really don't know that you are going to get much difference in MPG between 30" and 2" versus 31" and 3.5". However, I've never really taken my mileage readings in the XJ. The ZJ and WJ, though, yeah, I know readings from every tank I ever put in!

Y'all have a good time wrenching this weekend. Tim and Nick are good guys to wrench with. Take and post pictures!!!

Nick, any idea what time we kick-off tomorrow?

Idk depends on how long tonight winds up! Kidding, I would like to start at a decent time even if Tim has to hold on to a bucket all morning. I'm thinking 8:30 if that works.

Best part is he probably wont see this until the morning.

I have photos that prove otherwise.....

Can't be more than 1 or 2 pictures. His Jeeps never see anything but pavement. He's only here to give us crap!!!:roflmao:

hahaaaa... There's nothing like operating an impact with a hangover! I've done that... once.

Ah well, you guys go ahead and tie one on! I already told you I was like a half-a-wrench, so maybe this will level us out to equals. I told Tim I had to work tonight, but I sure would have liked to met and drank a beer. Tomorrow should be hilarious.

Anytime works for me, including 8:30. Might want to text me at the end of the bar run and let me know if you guys got REALLY wild and I need to wait for a text for 30 minutes of lead time before leaving in the morning.
:roflmao:

Looks like we should have some good weather! I can't wait to meet you guys and get this XJ on the road to glory!

Tim and Nick are good guys to wrench with. Take and post pictures!!!

This is spoken for the truth. Both of these guys are great!!!!

Take lots of pics and post them up so we all can enjoy one of the most favorite pastimes of all the NAXJA goers and married folk..........time spent wrenching on a Jeep!!

This is spoken for the truth. Both of these guys are great!!!!

Take lots of pics and post them up so we all can enjoy one of the most favorite pastimes of all the NAXJA goers and married folk..........time spent wrenching on a Jeep!!

Where's the "like" button?:D

Idk depends on how long tonight winds up! Kidding, I would like to start at a decent time even if Tim has to hold on to a bucket all morning. I'm thinking 8:30 if that works.

Best part is he probably wont see this until the morning.

Unfortunately for you, you won't get the pleasure of watching me hold onto a bucket for dear life today. Unfortunately for me however, you're still correct in that I didn't see this until this morning....jerk! :D

Ah I just realized your J308 on CF. Goodluck with your lift hope all went well today.

Hah! You say that like we are done... Let's just say he got welded bar pin eliminators ahead of schedule. One new tre left and a quick driveway alignment and we are going home sore, tired, hungry, but very happy and productive. It's been a good day wrenching.

Damn guys. DO WORK! haha how long are yall out there for?

Hah! You say that like we are done... Let's just say he got welded bar pin eliminators ahead of schedule. One new tre left and a quick driveway alignment and we are going home sore, tired, hungry,but very happy and productive. It's been a good day wrenching

I don't feel as bad saying I was gonna volunteer for Sunday if it was needed (before I had to re-write the schedule to fill holes left by someone dealing with personal stuff)

It sounds like I would have been able to get there just in time to help put tools away-- something I fail at every time I try to do it....:banghead:

glad things went well, and I hope to see everyone sometime soon

After a solid 13 hour day of wrenchin, there's now one more lifted Jeep in the world. Couldn't have been done without the help of everybody. It would have gone a lot quicker had it not been for the rear upper shock bolt snapping almost instantly.

Had a great time with everybody doing what we all enjoy doing...wrenchin and havin fun! ! Now time to enjoy one more night intown with some good brews to properly end the day. Pictures to come tomorrow night when I get back home.

Yeah, a solid day. It was a bit long due to the upper shock mount debacle, and you guys were already out there for what, 3 hours before I got there? But no doubt I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday, except for if it were my Jeep we were working on.

Welded in BPEs, I think that one is a first, along with the grind to fit shock bushings. We are just high speed like that lol, we do custom one-off stuff.

I'm waiting for Jay to chime in about his ride home. I wonder if it was much improved.

From the text I got it was much safer than before, but he said he had a little bit of driveline rumble. Nick and I are thinking perhaps a u-joint that was already worn out gasnow been disturbed by the change in angle. I'd be willing to bet those are the original u-joints on it too...

First let me say thanks to Nick, Tim, and John (sp?) for the help.
Instead of them assisting me, it was me assisting them, you guys DO WORK!

So moment of truth... Honestly, I was scared on the drive out, and I've never
felt safe above 50mph in my heep. I can't go everywhere at 50, so I'd kick it
up to 55 and say my prayers usually...

On the drive home last night, I hit 65 mph no problem, hitting dips, off ramps
(gingerly due to the flashbacks) and whatnot, and it was much improved. Hell,
I even tuned the radio while on the highway, which would've been Fear Factor
worthy before. No "fu-fu-fu-fu-fu!", no "dear god please save me", no "Noooo!!111one".
I'm actually happy enough with the ride that I think I'll run those RC shocks a while.
I didn't think they were bad at all for the street.

Overall, while I'm very happy to have my Jeep driving 10x better, I'm more happy
that I met a great group of Jeepers. I'm looking forward to kickin' it with you guys
on quieter days without praying that the next bolt doesn't snap.
:)

Once again, big thanks to Nick, Tim, and Jon (hah, covered both ways!), great
wrenchers and great dudes. No way on earth I could've done it without your help.
If you ever need someone to give you a hand on your Jeep or at the Pick N Pull, let
me know!

Now about that 8.8 and stainless lines......

Last edited:
Back