• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any experienced lifters willing to help lift 2" in Raleigh?

So did you take my advice on the BPE's?

pics? or it never happened

Here ya go!

kxpUa.jpg

Finally back home. The snow that people thought wasn't going to amount to much of anything tonight in Winston actually amounted to something...snowy roads, plus people not ready for it = lots of accidents and no more then 45mph on the highway for an hour or so. Anyways...the pictures:

As it was when the day started, bone stock with some rust and a lot of mud:

IMG_1842.jpg

Brake rotors have many uses...including pressing in leaf spring bushings:

IMG_1843.jpg

A sight we're all familiar with...multiple bodies under a Jeep:

IMG_1844.jpg

Please don't break...please don't break:

IMG_1850.jpg

Nick wasn't so lucky...:

IMG_1849.jpg

Attempting to remove it with an easy out, failed. Attempting to drill it out and re-tap the hole, also failed:

IMG_1852.jpg

Plan C...BPE's:

IMG_1854.jpg

New leaf pack and shock installed:

IMG_1855.jpg

Back end done, front end next up:

IMG_1856.jpg

It got dark and we were quickly running out of energy, so no action shots of the front end. New coil and shock installed:

IMG_1858.jpg

Nick and I got bored while waiting for John and Jay to return from attempt number two at finding a replacement tie rod end at the end of the night:

http://s840.photobucket.com/albums/...ft Feb 2012/?action=view&current=MVI_1857.mp4

The finished product:

IMG_1859.jpg

Work began at 8:30am and finished at 9:30pm. At the end of 13 hours, the Jeep has a very nice 2" OME lift, BPE's for the rear, ZJ tie rod upgrade with new end, a new fan clutch to get it on the road to not overheating any more, and Jay i'm sure has a much longer list of "to do's" now than he did when we started. More importantly, we made the Jeep much safer to drive on the road by a pretty good driveway alignment, and replacing some very worn out suspension components.

As always, it was a good time helping a fellow Jeeper in need!

OOOOOMG I can't stop laughing at the Headlamp dubstep video! That is some funny stuff. Sadly, I do that with that headlamp pretty much everytime I use it. When me and Jay were coming back from Advance, we were like, man, I wonder what those guys are doing... They must be bored as shit. lololol

OOOOOMG I can't stop laughing at the Headlamp dubstep video! That is some funny stuff. Sadly, I do that with that headlamp pretty much everytime I use it. When me and Jay were coming back from Advance, we were like, man, I wonder what those guys are doing... They must be bored as shit. lololol

Haha, well now we know. :shhh:

Work began at 8:30am and finished at 9:30pm. At the end of 13 hours, the Jeep has a very nice 2" OME lift, BPE's for the rear, ZJ tie rod upgrade with new end, a new fan clutch to get it on the road to not overheating any more, and Jay i'm sure has a much longer list of "to do's" now than he did when we started. More importantly, we made the Jeep much safer to drive on the road by a pretty good driveway alignment, and replacing some very worn out suspension components.

As always, it was a good time helping a fellow Jeeper in need!

Believe that!!!

I started this thread to track my progress:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=245586960#post245586960

I'll won't continue to update this thread (aside from question answering), because I asked for help, and I got it. Mods can lock it if they want and we can use the other thread for discussion.

Thanks to everyone that contributed in the thread, with extra thanks to Lowrange2 for recommending I post here, and to Nick, Tim, and John for helping out on Saturday. I'm going to buy you three dinner very shortly.

What the hell were those two knuckleheads doing in that video? :D

What the hell were those two knuckleheads doing in that video? :D

Being special to say the least. JPugh's head lamp has a red, blue, and normal led. Out of that came the dubstep light show dance.

Back