• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alexia's 1997 Comanche - 4.7L Stroker

I'll have to do some searching but someone on NAXJA did the majority of the work to mount an M90 in lieu of an ac compressor, blow through throttle body. Had the pulley size and belt size figured out. He ran piping over the valve cover but it would be easier to run down through a small intercooler.

Yep, I have a M90 sitting on my office table and drawings I sketched for universal weldable flanges to make manifolds.

Whatever I do, it will not be until I sell the Sprintex kit.

I had a friend assist me with installing the new PSC 12:1 steering gear I bought. In exchange I was helping him remove a bunch of toad/tow wiring and fixing electrical connectors.

The stock steering pump can barely keep up with this gear. My current plan is to get the upgraded PSC pump kit. There is the option of a smaller 4.5" pulley, but I rather keep this stock pump around as a spare for the LJ.

gallery_1_12_168342.jpg

Part of the power steering installation was a full PSC pump, PSC reservoir, and a passive cooler installation. However, I learned the hard way that PSC sells a kit for XJ models, but never actually did any fitment testing on the reservoir. It is up to the end user to make it fit whether that be cutting a hole in the hood or modifying the wheel weel.

So I cut 1.5" out of the reservoir to make it fit next to the brake booster with the included bracket. Just waiting to hear back from a local welder who can do aluminum. I do not want to spend the money to get my old welder setup for aluminum. I have also found a shorter version of this filter in case for whatever reason the tall one causes issues in the smaller container.

gallery_1_12_25357.jpg

gallery_1_12_91407.jpg

gallery_1_12_120003.jpg

This is BY FAR the worst designed kit. After shortening the reservoir then cutting and modifying the mounting bracket I find out that the kit should have included two 45º*fittings instead of a 90º and 45º. Fine, whatever, so I look up the specifications on the reservoir since there are no instructions including detailing these things and order the -10AN 45º fittings listed.

They actually use -12AN fittings and now I am having to pay for overnight shipping on the other fittings to get this MJ out of the garage.

*Flips a desk.* In absolutely no way did PSC actually test this kit on a XJ like they claim. If they had spent even five minutes actually test fitting this they would have realized all the issues.

The included -12AN and -6AN fittings hit the air box.

gallery_1_12_175617.jpg

Sliced, bent, and welded the mounting bracket to correct the angle. Added some spacers to move the clamp to the correct position.

gallery_1_12_38987.jpg

So basically what you are saying is the kit is not bolt on and needs things addressed and anyone thinking about buying it should just build their own? :gee: Which kit did you get?

My friend with a Subaru is telling me there should be a turbocharger with this assortment. I do believe he is correct.(Eventually.)

The stock PCM can no longer cope with the modified engine. SCT X3 tuners are hard to get, SCT X4 tuners do not work, and once the tuning cost is added in it is much cheaper to go with an aftermarket ECU for the huge increase in flexibility. The Haltech Elite range of ECUs previously were not suited for these engines or had way too many features necessary; 1500 and 2500 respectively. The new 750 just released this past month is perfect for six cylinders and drive by throttle cable applications.

gallery_1_12_262693.jpg

Back