• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alexia's 1997 Comanche - 4.7L Stroker

SCT X4 status - I have to call SCT today and have them help me diagnose the unit. It refuses to connect to the 1997, 1999, 2000, or 2004 JTEC PCMs I have laying around.

Unsupported vehicle despite it claiming it supports Jeep down to 1996 in the product description.

Apparently their out of date product finder counts as a vehicle compatibility chart even though those are two different things.

well bummer, I tried that CPS timing mod on mine today and it improved launch nicely, definitely need to fine tune things

well bummer, I tried that CPS timing mod on mine today and it improved launch nicely, definitely need to fine tune things

Fun bit, making engineers angry at someone's company is a bad idea. I can pull the file listing from the device now over USB which is not normally exposed. I am also working on reverse engineering their web update API so that I can write my own compatible API to load custom strategy files. Which is also normally not possible.

A small portion of the file list. 802 supported PCM model numbers in the list, mostly 2010 and up. I have not found one in the list yet that is before 2010 and cross referenced it to a list of 4,316 MOPAR PCM part numbers dating back to 1995. Their claim of "1996 and newer" is incredibly misleading and dishonest.

Code:
\STRATEGY\.
\STRATEGY\..
\STRATEGY\DTCDB_DCX_KWP2K.txt
\STRATEGY\DTCDB_OBD2.txt
\STRATEGY\preloadeddlx.txt
\STRATEGY\UBF200.ubf
\STRATEGY\UBF201.ubf
\STRATEGY\UBF202.ubf
\STRATEGY\UBF203.ubf
\STRATEGY\UploadOnlyPcmList.txt
\STRATEGY\UploadOnlyTcmList.txt
\STRATEGY\lookup.plf
\STRATEGY\05035349AB.csf
\STRATEGY\05035349AB_64CHL.oph
\STRATEGY\05035349AB_64CHL.sth

Can you try the X3 instead?

Can you try the X3 instead?

That is the plan once I get a tuner(person) to work with me.

Meanwhile, I will continue to work on removing the pairing/marrying restrictions on the X4. I have confirmed that it only supports as far back as 2010 despite saying 1996 and up on the box. As well, it only supports working as an OBDII reader over the CAN bus. Not only does not support back past 2010 it can not even be used to do simple diagnostics! Of course, the retailer will not take it back because the box is opened. SCT will not buy it back because it is "not broken". I have some new embedded diagnostic hardware arriving next week to start dumping the flash ROMs from the ARM Cortex CPUs in it.

WGp9FoD.png

Last edited:
I am in touch with Ryan Hogan aka Flyinryan and he had suggested the X3 For my Sprintex.

Didn't know about the Voxer thingy for talking to Flyin Ryan! Works pretty well.

After a long chat it basically came down to it would not be ideal to attempt tuning the Sprintex on the stroker with such a low boost output.

So the options come down to fabricating the M90 I have in place or doing a turbochareger with a Boostwerks manifold.

I am leaning towards turbocharger since I would not have to deal with a ridiculous amount of fabrication.

Didn't know about the Voxer thingy for talking to Flyin Ryan! Works pretty well.

After a long chat it basically came down to it would not be ideal to attempt tuning the Sprintex on the stroker with such a low boost output.

So the options come down to fabricating the M90 I have in place or doing a turbochareger with a Boostwerks manifold.

I am leaning towards turbocharger since I would not have to deal with a ridiculous amount of fabrication.

I just sold some basic turbo stuff..........flat black intercooler and Tial BOV

I may have some other things lying around the garage

So the super charger setup comes off to put a turbo on? HpTuners has beta software for 2005 jeep pcms. But another can of worms. Pcm, wiring harness, balancer with timing marks from hesco, etc etc.

So the super charger setup comes off to put a turbo on? HpTuners has beta software for 2005 jeep pcms. But another can of worms. Pcm, wiring harness, balancer with timing marks from hesco, etc etc.

Regardless if it stays supercharged or goes turbocharged I have to put a stock intake back on there.

I just realized a turbocharger requires an oil feed and dump back to the oil pan. I have no desire to remove that oil pan for a third time.

Last edited:
Regardless if it stays supercharged or goes turbocharged I have to put a stock intake back on there.

I just realized a turbocharger requires an oil feed and dump back to the oil pan. I have no desire to remove that oil pan for a third time.

There is no other option than to go back to the stock intake? That sucks because your manifold is sexy and rare.

There is no other option than to go back to the stock intake? That sucks because your manifold is sexy and rare.

It is not like I could fabricate a different supercharger in place. The Sprintex manifold is dependent on the custom intake and bypass port location.

Now, I do have a XJ I just picked up in December so if I do not sell the Sprintex kit I know where it can go eventually.

Any plans to sell the cobra intake and TB?

It will be several weeks before I can even get the MJ in the garage to remove things. The XJ is in there getting a floor pan replacement and completely stripped on the inside.

I am in no hurry! Pm me a price

Makes me wish I still had my MJ. One day I want to build a stroker for my xj

I'll have to do some searching but someone on NAXJA did the majority of the work to mount an M90 in lieu of an ac compressor, blow through throttle body. Had the pulley size and belt size figured out. He ran piping over the valve cover but it would be easier to run down through a small intercooler.

Back