• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alexia's 1997 Comanche - 4.7L Stroker

I had a few of questions. How do you like the HF floor jack and what extra stuff did you need for the Sprintex apart from the split second, wideband oxygen sensor an 68 mm TB? Are you using the seventh injector? what size are the injectors you are using?

One of the best floor jacks I have used.

An entire exhaust system including modifying the exhaust header to be a 3" outlet since there are no companies that make that. Though a 2.5" outlet should be fine for most strokers or only supercharged 4.0L engines. I needed a ZJ 4.0L power steering pump reservoir for the different inlet position. If you do not use the seventh injector for fuel then a custom fuel hose will need to be ran up from the frame rail line. I can put together a parts list if needed.

They are Accel 44lb/hr injectors and the extra injector is capped off. That will be used later to spray the methanol/water mix in right at the supercharger inlet.

AEM F/IC 6 for the piggy back control. The software is Windows 95 era in terms of how finicky it is to use, but the hardware works great. For example, I had the MAP set to voltage mode assuming it was like all the other adjustment modes in that + or - would add or remove that much voltage. Nope, a value of zero in the cell meant it was clamping voltage to zero on the MAP all the time. The PCM really did not like that.

Wow, that's a huge injector. I'll be curious to see what your duty cycle is at idle and lower power.

Its definitely plenty of injector, but depends on fuel pressure as well. Hopefully I can get over there and help him with the tuning since he is about 20 mins away.

Alex......are you gonna log the wideband? That will be key in rough and fine tuning. I can't remember if the FIC6 had a provision for that, but I think they do.

Its definitely plenty of injector, but depends on fuel pressure as well. Hopefully I can get over there and help him with the tuning since he is about 20 mins away.

Alex......are you gonna log the wideband? That will be key in rough and fine tuning. I can't remember if the FIC6 had a provision for that, but I think they do.

49.2 PSI, I put in injectors with enough overhead that at 6PSI they should be seeing at most 80% duty cycle.

Logged directly to the computer with 100 samples a second.

Where was that at? Sounds good. Those are modest numbers. Hopefully you can get a lot more out of it.

Trackmasters in Huntsville. The owner mainly handles Honda, but he can handle AEM products easy enough.

The transmission issue coming up on the dyno does not surprise me. I have noticed before there were times where it felt like the engine was working as hard as it always was, but not much was getting through the transmission.

Any update?

I am talking to Flyin' Ryan Performance about flashing the PCM. The factory PCM is too smart for the piggyback method and occasionally sees the fuel being added causing it to stumble as it tries to remove fuel.

I rewelded the muffler and hangers to fix the bad welding I did there.

Coming in the mail: 2 bar GM MAP sensor, dual air intake temperature gauge, transmission temperature gauge, and MSD Blaster Coil.

To install tonight: New oil pan gasket and starter motor.

I'm hoping to talk strokers with Alex on Saturday. I've got to make a decision for a future motor.

I'd like to build a stroker just don't know who I'd get to do it around here.......

I'm hoping to talk strokers with Alex on Saturday. I've got to make a decision for a future motor.

The end answer for all questions: Just do it!

I can answer general information though.

I'd like to build a stroker just don't know who I'd get to do it around here.......

Have a machine shop do the block work and put it together yourself. The 4.0L block is so simple to work on that you would purpose have to be ignorant putting it together to mess it up.

Have a machine shop do the block work and put it together yourself. The 4.0L block is so simple to work on that you would purpose have to be ignorant putting it together to mess it up.

Then there is me.......

Sounds like we need to plan a stoker building party sometime.

SCT X4 status - I have to call SCT today and have them help me diagnose the unit. It refuses to connect to the 1997, 1999, 2000, or 2004 JTEC PCMs I have laying around.

Back