• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Fuel Injectors

Numerically it should be a much better fit. Slightly smaller than stock, but the PCM tends to be rich at the top end stock anyhow. It would be nice to see the spray pattern as well. The look like the ones SolarBell was asking about.

Several posts back shows the data on the stroker. I'm not even going to bother to go through my notes to look up the crap data on a stock engine. IIRC fuel trims were around -15 to -20.

Those are horrible trim levels. IMO, Short Term Trim should be in the 5% range and the Long Term Trim in the 3% area.

This is where I have mine, with the Supercharger in place and 40 pound injectors. At the 15% to 20% levels I would be very surprised if the PCM was not throwing mixture codes.

Folks, let me tell you something. When it comes to Engine Management, Talyn has a ton of direct experience. He and I exchange information and I have found that every single suggestion he has made to be perfectly valid. What I am getting at is it is a bit thick to argue with a person that actually knows what he is talking about as he has the experimental data to back up his assertions.

I was playing around and used a check valve and held the MAP sensor at 0 vacuum and at idle it had trim values of -50+% and no CEL. Didn't run too well AFR was like 10.5.

I was playing around and used a check valve and held the MAP sensor at 0 vacuum and at idle it had trim values of -50+% and no CEL. Didn't run too well AFR was like 10.5.

Not really sure what that proves, but it doesn't usually throw a code right away for something like that. Was that a -20 short term trim, plus a -30 long term trim? I've seen short term max at -20, drop it to long trim then start out at 0 short term again.

Numerically it should be a much better fit. Slightly smaller than stock, but the PCM tends to be rich at the top end stock anyhow. It would be nice to see the spray pattern as well. The look like the ones SolarBell was asking about.

Spray pattern is the same as the other EV-6 holes like the 784.

With all else being equal and not having tested them myself they should be a fairly decent fit if the numbers hold true.

I tried to find the log I had of the first time I ran the wideband on my XJ w/4.0L, header, 0630 head and cai. Unfortunate I couldn't nor the image from that log, but I did find a post I had that said it dropped to 10.8:1 in WOT. Just to illustrate my point of it being rich at WOT.
Edit: Found it stashed at photobook. God that was a long time ago.
WEGO_Logbase.jpg

Last edited:
I've just read this post with interest since I'm one who appreciates the cold hard data but has experienced real-world exceptions to the rule. I'm also looking for the best choice of injectors for my '01 XJ. I'm in the process of rebuilding the 4.0. Talyn, you mentioned the Ford YR3E-A4A and XF2E-C4B as being good choices for my application. What's different between those two injectors?

I noticed I'd have to pay about $70 apiece for stock or -784 injectors, but those Ford units are like $135 for a whole set of six. Just for that reason alone they sound better!

FWIW I do live around 4500ft and have headers, cold intake, slightly higher lift cam than stock, and .030 over pistons.

Thanks!

Talyn, you mentioned the Ford YR3E-A4A and XF2E-C4B as being good choices for my application. What's different between those two injectors?
The XF2E will flow about 21 lbs on a 49 psi rail. The YR3E will flow 22.5 on the 49 PSI rail.
What about Bosch?
What about them? Those are the neon 703s that have been discussed here.

Talyn,
Which injectors are you currently using? How are you controlling them?

I'm a little out of my league here, but I do have a question or two about these Ford YR3E-A4A and XF2E-C4B injectors.

1) What vehicle used these injectors/what would they look like (colour?) I know it's been said that Junkyard parts are risky, but if I can't find them elsewhere for a good price this will be the route I'd go.

2) My Jeep is a bone stock 97 XJ with the 4.0 I6 and automatic. I plan on installing electric fans, cowl-mounted CAI, and eventually a cat-back exhaust system. It may be lack of sleep, but IIRC stock injectors flow 23 lbs, and if that's so, would the YR3E be the best choice?

Thanks y'all for the help, I just keep seeing so much info and opinions thrown back and forth, it's really confusing. I'd just like some injectors that'll spray better/atomize the fuel most efficiently. So many say 703's, others say... Well so many other types. IMHO the injector that sprays the closest amount to stock, but with a better spray pattern is what I want.

:)

I'm a little out of my league here, but I do have a question or two about these Ford YR3E-A4A and XF2E-C4B injectors.

1) What vehicle used these injectors/what would they look like (colour?) I know it's been said that Junkyard parts are risky, but if I can't find them elsewhere for a good price this will be the route I'd go.

2) My Jeep is a bone stock 97 XJ with the 4.0 I6 and automatic. I plan on installing electric fans, cowl-mounted CAI, and eventually a cat-back exhaust system. It may be lack of sleep, but IIRC stock injectors flow 23 lbs, and if that's so, would the YR3E be the best choice?

Thanks y'all for the help, I just keep seeing so much info and opinions thrown back and forth, it's really confusing. I'd just like some injectors that'll spray better/atomize the fuel most efficiently. So many say 703's, others say... Well so many other types. IMHO the injector that sprays the closest amount to stock, but with a better spray pattern is what I want.

:)

That's pretty much my question, too. I'm thinking the YR3E's, as well, but I want to make sure they're going to perform at least as good as OEM, preferably better. Looking for good gas mileage (and a little power, if possible). I'll have an AIRAID CAI and a MagnaFlow High Flow Cat / Muffler.

You can google the injector numbers and find what they fit and images of them. I caution you if getting used injectors from a salvage yard as they are usually clogged with dried fuel and other crap. They will usually need to be sent off to be cleaned to get them working properly.

None of the after market bolts (aside from turbo, super or stroker) mean anything when choosing an injector. They don't make a large enough chain to effect correct injector sizing.

Talyn: I didn't know the 703 are Bosch :doh:. I'm sorry for my ignorance and thanks for the answer.

Most of the injectors mentioned here are Bosch. The 3 digits used to refer to the neon injectors are just the last 3 numbers of the full Bosch part number. 0-280-155-784. Siemens is another major fuel injector manufacturer. Jeep uses them quite a bit.

Most of the injectors mentioned here are Bosch. The 3 digits used to refer to the neon injectors are just the last 3 numbers of the full Bosch part number. 0-280-155-784. Siemens is another major fuel injector manufacturer. Jeep uses them quite a bit.

Good to know, thanks for the explanation.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Are these like what I'm looking for? Found them in the JY off a wrecked but running BMW. I'd have em cleaned and new o rings before using them but I'd like to know if they are the correct ones for an upgrade. Thanks guys. :)

Last edited:
That's pretty much my question, too. I'm thinking the YR3E's, as well, but I want to make sure they're going to perform at least as good as OEM, preferably better. Looking for good gas mileage (and a little power, if possible). I'll have an AIRAID CAI and a MagnaFlow High Flow Cat / Muffler.

Another thin to improve has milage is to bore out the TB. I have your same mods plus the 60 mm TB. Gas milage is hovering right around 16mpg. Until now, I have never been able to get into the 15 range. Putting some Ford 700 injectors next week.

Back