• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

7100 valving ?

Trouble

NAXJA Forum User
Ye sim putting it in here since most of the socal guys are into the same setup as im going to be dealing with. Im bringing the shocks up thru the bedand am going to run some 14" 7100's i will be taking out the 12" 7100s valved 255/100. Should I change the valving to somethign different? this is a daily driver and has seen the rev limiter on the dirt. It also has the deaver race pack in the rear. Tony? and suggestions?

Hey Ed, I am running 255/70 rear, and 360/80 front, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it....would be happy to take you out for a spin!

BTW, did you get the email I sent you.....your thoughts?

tcm glx said:
Hey Eric, I am running 255/70 rear, and 360/80 front, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it....would be happy to take you out for a spin!

BTW, did you get the email I sent you.....your thoughts?
Fixed. and I agree.

corbinafly said:
Fixed. and I agree.

Thanks, I just realized i typed Ed ..........i must have been doing three things at once! :speepin: :speepin:

Hey what do the 255/70 translate to? Which is bound and rebound? Is it kinda like spring rate? I've always just let the shop set my choice in the past but the next project is going to be hand built so I would like a little more control or atleast understanding

The rebound is the first number, compression is the second. The number is a measurement of newtons to travel at a given velocity.
eg, 255/70 = 2550 newtons to travel aprrox 20" per second for the compression stroke & 700 newtons to travel approx 20" per second for the rebound stroke.
The higher the number the firmer/slower damping forces.
360/80 is firmer, more control, than 255/70

That help??

Its only because mattyj talks funny that he knows the metric system. ;)
Why dont we have metric time?

Blazair said:
Its only because mattyj talks funny that he knows the metric system. ;)
Why dont we have metric time?

One day, you boys will realize whats up and convert!

:D

On mine, I was running the 255/70 all the way around, and it was too soft.

I revalved when I put the hydraulic bumps in the front to 275/78 and 360/80 in the rear. It was pretty dialed in at that point. Then I decided to put some hyd bumps in the back, and it's too stiff in the back. I may mix and match sone extra shims and soften up the compression and leave the rebound alone.

-Dan

mattyj said:
The rebound is the first number, compression is the second. The number is a measurement of newtons to travel at a given velocity.
eg, 255/70 = 2550 newtons to travel aprrox 20" per second for the rebound stroke & 700 newtons to travel approx 20" per second for the compression stroke.

That help??
Fixed. I guess they do thing backwards down under..:kissyou:

corbinafly said:
Fixed. I guess they do thing backwards down under..:kissyou:

Rebound and compression don't mean the same thing when you're upside down.

cal said:
Rebound and compression don't mean the same thing when you're upside down.
Got it. I guess Matty's right then.:passgas:

Gerr said:
damnit which is the right way now im confused and I hate having to relearn stuff
I'm right if you live in the northern hemisphere and Matty's right if you live down under.:spin1:

mattyj said:
eg, 255/70 = 2550 newtons to travel aprrox 20" per second for the compression stroke & 700 newtons to travel approx 20" per second for the rebound stroke.

That help??

I had it right in the first part of my explanation... i just f'd up in the second part.

mattyj said:
I had it right in the first part of my explanation... i just f'd up in the second part.
You must be posting this from an airplane and you just crossed the equator in the middle of your explanation. Grab a hot flight attendant's ass for me will ya?

Back