• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein Bump stops

I have to ask though.

Isnt that a 'illegal' item on a Ultra4 stock class?

I see what is a secondary spring, being added to the susp system? I know its trivial, but so is cutting out a 18gax2.5"dia piece of steel to mount a bumpstop on a unibody rig...

Just asking.

Its still a bumpstop. Just a big piece of rubber.

If it were illegal, every rubber or poly bump would be illegal. The rules don't state how big your bumpstop can or cannot be, only how many inches of wheel travel it can alter.

There is a decent sized spring inside the bump? that spring looks to be maybe enough to dampen some? maybe not. In any case, I was just throwing it out there and asking if theres any concern about it? I dont see how it has much advantage, but it would act as a secondary spring rate at a preset travel up.

The daystars do not have anything like that. only foam to push the shaft back to starting (out) position. wonder if these need that spring?

ooh i thought you were talking about the prothane! ;) lol.

I dont think that spring would have enough rate to matter, but its something I'll follow up with Joel on.

There is a decent sized spring inside the bump? that spring looks to be maybe enough to dampen some? maybe not. In any case, I was just throwing it out there and asking if theres any concern about it? I dont see how it has much advantage, but it would act as a secondary spring rate at a preset travel up.

The daystars do not have anything like that. only foam to push the shaft back to starting (out) position. wonder if these need that spring?

That spring effects the rebound of the bumpstop not compression. Keeps the bump from rebounding too fast. The bump needs to slow the axle into the chassis but shouldnt push it away.

Awww. Gotch ya.

Awesome! I have had this exact idea floating around in my head for some time. Basically gut a air bump and replace the air with the foam from a shock shaft bump, like sold at Poly Performance. If the price is close to the Daystars I will be putting these on my shopping list.

They're hollow. Put something solid inside.

sk3186.jpg

Ouch! Giving away our high tech racing secrets.

:D

Well I won’t be getting these installed till after I come back from overseas. My shop I take my jeep too had an employee get activated and are 5 days behind so there is no room to get my jeep in. So I apologize to anyone who was hoping for a full review and install photos. Sorry to Joel for rushing him to get these and me not putting them to use. I can assure you though once I’m back these are the first things to get installed. I’ll be placing my order for the rear shocks as well.

Back