• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: Part out '96 XJ

jumpnjeep

NAXJA Forum User
So I am going to plan ahead for the worst. If I can't find a new motor in a decent price range the heep has to go.

The motor still starts and runs, barely! Overheats quickly and blows exhaust thru the radiator immediatley. (I know everyone on here is going to say just put a head gasket on it and call it a day, but with close to 300k on the clock and all the other various noises it made. I have been expecting this to happen for quite some time.)

The Good:

231J t-case is a fresh rebuild with about a year of street driving on it and other then testing after I rebuilt it. It has not seen 4wd in dirt ever!

Aw4 shifts fine and doesn't seem to slip. Always got me moving when the skinny pedal went down.

8.25 out back, D30 disco up front (was swapped in from an 89 when I first got it running due to original being taco'd)

RE 4.5" lift brand new front springs, used leafs from Grimm rebuilt with full length leaf liners thru out. Also has 2" spacers up front and long shackles to even out the rear. Also have (I think RE) drop brackets, and Adj upper arms with non adj lowers. I dont know the brands of the arms.

One good pair of 32" BFG AT up front and a decent pair of 32"s out back. Rear tires are not BFG I forget the brand I can check and update later.

Also have a pair of BFG 32" that I would only use as a spare or rollers. Not daily use IMO.

I dont know the brand of the wheels, but they are 15x8 2.75 or 3.25 BS. Again I forget right now but can update further if there is interest.

Interior is not destroyed, but far from clean. rear seat is dirty but no rips. Front seats are dirty and have the normal slide in/out wear/rips on the outer side of the bottom. Headliner is shot.

Has the rear soundbar.

I'm sure im forgetting stuff. Ask questions if there are any. I will PM my cell number or send me yours and I'll happily text responses and pics of anything.

BTW probably 90% of my parts came from Naxja FWIW.

Thanks,
Asa :bawl:

OK guys. If it goes to parts, and it looks like it will at this point. I will go in order of contents for who gets what.

Also more parts I forgot last night,

front sway bar with aftermarket links and quick dis connects. Pretty sure the bar is stock.
Also have a second stock front bar with a different set of links on it.

Front Pro Comp reservoir shocks, only been on for about a year. Street driven only never bottomed or topped out.

Jks upper front shock mount adapters, (I think jks also) lower bar pin eliminators.

With everything you have on yours, could always find a cheap running xj on CL and swap all your stuff to it and shell out your old one... then would have another running rig.

With everything you have on yours, could always find a cheap running xj on CL and swap all your stuff to it and shell out your old one... then would have another running rig.

That is one of the things I am considering and looking into. I haven't had time to really scour CL yet. But the few I've looked at, the good running ones are not cheap and the cheap ones are beat to death and not much better then mine is now.

Thank you for the idea though. I also just sent a PM to another member who has a jeep I might be able to pick up and use as a donor.

That is one of the things I am considering and looking into. I haven't had time to really scour CL yet. But the few I've looked at, the good running ones are not cheap and the cheap ones are beat to death and not much better then mine is now.

Thank you for the idea though. I also just sent a PM to another member who has a jeep I might be able to pick up and use as a donor.

Yea, i was probably just viewing the same ones.. LOL but sometimes there is a nice gem them pops up on CL! I picked up a great condition ZJ for 800. Has its quarks but what jeep doesnt :)

Ok, so I have some parts lined up to fix mine. I'm not going to close this post because who knows what might happen. I will update next week when I'm suppose to pick up the new motor and parts.

Any interest will remain in order of post.

Thanks guys.

OK, so I got my parts jeep for a new engine.

This part out is officially off. However, in the next few days I will be starting a new thread to part out the 95 xj I picked up along with a ton of extra parts that the guy gave to me.

Btw, thanks Jeremy for the awesome deal. It was nice meeting you.

Back