• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

10 years with the XJ.

Here's an old won of your Junk Jes:

magcover_zps14399a0f.jpg

You know I never did get that issue.

Oh and that was back in May 2006.

Last edited:
i'm jealous! i've been through a dozen xj's, all of them trying to get back the awesomeness i felt from the first one....
i'm finally getting close again, and the surprise is that it's the roughest xj i've ever owned! it's kind of starting off where my first one got parted out, so there is nothing to regret!

Another year with the old black XJ. Didn't wheel it very much in the last year because the tires were shot and I ran out of spares for the old Dana 44. After almost ten years(and 75,000 miles) with the D44 it just wasn't holding up any more.
In September I picked up a couple new tires(had a couple sitting in my garage for years)...
standard.jpg

...mounted them up and headed to Johnson Valley...
standard.jpg

The trip didn't start out too well...
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

But I fixed it up and ran a bunch of trails anyway.
standard.jpg

Chrismas-New Years was spent in Area URF...
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

How it sits now...
standard.jpg

...getting ready for some new parts.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Hopefully it'll be back together for the begining of the desert wheeling season.

SO what size tires are you running now anyway? and looks like chevy 30 spline outers in the top pic and ford outers in the bottom with the new shafts

Last edited:
SO what size tires are you running now anyway? and looks like chevy 30 spline outers in the top pic and ford outers in the bottom with the new shafts

Been running 37s for some time.
The new axle is all 35 slpine, Ford length stubs, and inners are custom length since WMS to WMS is about 63"s.

I don't think I have wheeled with you in over a year.:bawl:

Where is your rig at, is that the FU2 shop?

LAME. We should take the gayJs out this Summer. Andy's rig is driveable again too, Hell Hole?
The rig is at Brian's shop in the RC. I made a trade with him.

Been running 37s for some time.
The new axle is all 35 slpine, Ford length stubs, and inners are custom length since WMS to WMS is about 63"s.

so you running hp44 gears with the 35 spline inners or the Jana 54 gears ? 35 spline ARB is the only 35 spline carrier right. what joints, just spicer 760s? Sorry for the questions, I am still dialing in my hp44 from last June, just maybe 5 light wheeling trips on it so far and working out all the suspension kinks...

No, just a Dynatrac Pro60. It's based off a high pinnion Ford Dana 60 center section with ball joint outers and custom knuckles.
Running Dana 44 sized calipers because there's no point in running the big, heavy, and dumb Dana 60 Ford junk on a relatively light rig.

No, just a Dynatrac Pro60. It's based off a high pinnion Ford Dana 60 center section with ball joint outers and custom knuckles.
Running Dana 44 sized calipers because there's no point in running the big, heavy, and dumb Dana 60 Ford junk on a relatively light rig.

Ah. I was thinking you were just upgrading the 44 to 35 spline, I get it now. Nice freaking 60 dude.

I'm glad to see you get that stuff installed finally.

We're going to have to actually go wheel together one of these days, when you get it done.

Jes how do like those maxxis tires? I am going to be in the market for new tires soon.

Back