• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

09 Rockfest event planning Q's

Reservations are made for the toilets. I'm waiting for the confirmation email. If a deposit is need I will post up or call. STL permit application is complete minus the NAXJA proof of insurance. Totaling $266.22. 216.22 for the toilets and 50 for the permit.

I'm going to price out rollers and sliders for the saturday night dinner. I need to know how many people are coming. Is there a Paypal account linked to the chapter account that way I can get a registration link going?

Also, are we going to cover the dinner with the regitration cost? Maybe 1 dinner per registration. Then additional dinner at additional cost(but how much). So far just to cover our cost we will have to make 14 sales at 20 dollars just cover permit and toilets. I'm sure we'll have atleast 14 rigs out there. But how many?

So far we have been using my paypal account.

I called them today, the guy I talked to was nice but MISINFORMED! Basically they are trying to require everyone to have individule permits even in a group setting becouse the way its worded can be interpretated to mean even driving on state trust land requires a permit.
They also require a group permit for up to 14 days a year but that only covers the camp ground area and NOT driving around state trust land.

I asked if they realized that compliance would be down DRASTICALLY with the HUGE increase in fee's and he said that if people werent getting there permits then they would be fined. I took that as them thinking of another way to get revenue and make us look bad for using the land.

Anyway, to make a long story short. YES, they are requireing us to get individule permits and a group permit. So, if they come to camp all they can really check for is the group permit. Now if they stop us on the road and check us, then that is where they can get picky.

I have a hunting license and plan on SCOUTING for javalina and deer while I am out there, but it will be the responsability of EACH person in attendance to have a permit or risk a ticket.

Unless we can find a BLM place to camp, were pretty much SCREWED.

Either post or e-mail the pics you took. I would love to see it.

If I can get the steering plated by next weekend, we'll go out early Sat and take a look. Denise said she might go with me (in the jeep).

What do you say to doing a run out there on Sat, Kraker? It will be easy. Probably no 4wd as Denise would not go out with me again.

Yes, call me. You working yet? I am picking up the CRok frame repair/steering reinforcement in about 1.5 hours and will start the install tomorrow. Wrenching tomorrow night?

Alan and Kraker, how are things coming along? I know were still looking for a camping spot but where are we on T-shirts, dinner, fee, and raffle prizes?

Brian

I haven't touched T-Shirts. I have contacted a few vendors for raffle prizes though. Desert Rat is on board. Crawl Mag is a maybe. FarmerMatt is gonna send us some boxes of nuts. I'm waiting to hear back from Ballistic Fab and C-Rok.

On another note. If we are going to camp on BLM land. Are we still going to supply crappers? I think we should. Especially for the women. I know My body likes to shut down when there are no shitters. As for the dinner. Rollers and sliders. Nothing special. I would still like to charge a Registration fee. To cover shitters and dinner. Is there an Email Jon uses for the paypal that way I can get a thread started on registration?

I haven't done a thing about shirts. I someone willing to do that?

I haven't touched T-Shirts. I have contacted a few vendors for raffle prizes though. Desert Rat is on board. Crawl Mag is a maybe. FarmerMatt is gonna send us some boxes of nuts. I'm waiting to hear back from Ballistic Fab and C-Rok.

On another note. If we are going to camp on BLM land. Are we still going to supply crappers? I think we should. Especially for the women. I know My body likes to shut down when there are no shitters. As for the dinner. Rollers and sliders. Nothing special. I would still like to charge a Registration fee. To cover shitters and dinner. Is there an Email Jon uses for the paypal that way I can get a thread started on registration?

I haven't done a thing about shirts. I someone willing to do that?

[email protected]

Back