• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

09 Rockfest event planning Q's

OH.... I exchanged PM's with Goatman. According to him I cannot contact club sponsor directly. I'd have to go through whoever handles the Sponsorship program. So I will try and find some companies we can contact before we go to the BOD. That way we can keep all the proceeds. Only cause well we're a broke chapter. Anyone have any input?

We did all our own stuff last year and we had some good stuff. We just contacted companies ourselves.
Also, can you guys get an official thread with dates and location posted up TONIGHT. The natives are getting restless.

I can do it, but I would rather see it come from the event planners.

Lata

My cell is Alltel 520-271-7785

We did all our own stuff last year and we had some good stuff. We just contacted companies ourselves.
Also, can you guys get an official thread with dates and location posted up TONIGHT. The natives are getting restless.

I can do it, but I would rather see it come from the event planners.

Lata

Done. Sorry I was out of pocket yesterday and today.

it's posted.

let's start rockin!

Now that it's posted, there's going to be all kinds of posts/questions about trails, times, camping, facilities, hotels, just to name a few.
The trails should also indicate the difficulty rating. There are a couple of sites (VJC, ACB as an example) that have some good trail ratings.
What do we want to do about a Trail Master and NAXJA/AZ Chapter required equipment and are we going to do an inspection?

On a better note- I will attempt to take off Wed-Sun and start camping Wed afternoon.

The fun has just begun.

I personally think we should list the trails with the ratings. Assign a trail leader for a specific trail and then post sign up sheets accordingly.

As far as inspection, we have rules for required equipement in the bylaws and we should hold TECH INSPECTION when the member or guest arrive and sign in for the event. That way if they fail something, they have a chance to run into town and correct it.

That'll work. I like the tech inspection idea. Last thing I would want is some clapped out rig breaking at every obstacle on my run. We should cover basic things like battery hold downs, tight tre's, seat belts, fire extinguishers, and first aid kits, etc.

What about the dinner? Do we wanna do a potluck. Or should we burn some rollers and sliders? and charge a nominal fee for the dinner. If we do the dinner it offers up another chance for more income. Most of NAXJA events I've been to have charged $10 for the dinner, and gotten 2 dogs and a slider and drink and some premade sides. If we go that way we're gonna need a cook.

I talked with cal. He said he could prolly get us some axle shafts and other goodies if we want. If we do that were gonna have to commit to sending 15% of our proceeds to national. unless we're already losing money. Just throwing that out there. Food for thought.

Permits. Who do we have to contact? Not sure if we even need one. This shouldn't be too hard of a task. So we should get it out of the way asap.

Porto potties. Another easy task that can be taken out of the way. I'm gonna start shopping around. So who competitive. Unless there is someone we already work with. Either way I'll start geting quotes.

One way we can insure we get out money back is to charge a fee to help cover shitter, permits and dinner. A registration fee. Charge attendees one nominal fee that will cover everything. Something fair. I couldn't come up with a figure until we knew what we're spending. It'll also help with getting the right amount of food. If we have a pre-registration. Non refundable. That way people will be commited to coming and will really help us with logistics. What do you think?

Brian was talking about a registration fee as well, not just for cost, but to have a little blood on the table and actually show up (instead of just saying they are going to show up).

$'s thrown around we $20 to $25 registration fee per vehicle. Included in this was registration, plus t-shirt (or hat), sticker, etc...

for food, we could make it an additional $5 per attendee beyond the original registration if planning on attending dinner, and they get a "ticket" for dinner. Of course we could sell additional tickets at dinner for folks who just show up because they heard it was cool.

Also, what's a list of trails we could run, so we can start matching up trail leaders, days, etc...

The trails can probably wait till even the day of the event. I really don't think its going to be that busy where we're going to need and itinerary. Plus thats an easier thing that can be organized later.

I've recieved a few quotes on shitter and they're in the 300-350 range for 2 deluxe portable shitters. These are the nicer ones. the construction site types are cheaper of course.

We should have a good idea on all of our costs before we start deciding on a price to charge. Or me might end up shooting ourselves in the foot. I would like to know what we need to spend in permits, shitters, and any other overhead by next wednsday. That way we can update everyone. as soon as possible for registration costs. we can hold off on buying food until the day of or before the dinner. That way we can get the correct amount and don't end up with all this extra food. If need be I'll drive back into the city and pick up the food. That way we'll get the correct amount of food.

I would like to have an all inclusive registration price that will include the dinner cost. Have the options to buy additional dinners. Use the reistraiton to cover like I said earlier. Shitters, Permits, and food. Plus the commitment from the people to attend. T-shirts should be preordered. that way it'll cut down on overstock. Maybe offer a discount if shirts/stickers are ordered when people register.

Last edited:
WOW, that's almost 100 more than last year for the shitters.
John, do you remember the name of the place we used last year? they were only 225 if I remember right.

As far as a feast goes, I will cook NO PROBLEM. all meal tickets should be presales so we have enough food. We can overbuy a little but not to much.

As far as parts from national, I really dont wanna if we can avoid it so start calling local shops and begging. LOL

Lata

My computer took a dump. I'll get it back tommorow and finish up my letter I'll be sending out to the different vendors. I should start sending it out by next Tuesday.

I got one more qoute from another place for shitters. The wanted 180 for 2. Thats if we pick them up. I'm waiting on a couple other qoutes.

Back