• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ ( A true Beauty ) am I worthy?

WraithKWK

NAXJA Forum User
Well Here is my new Toy HAHA
Morepeopleidontknow021.jpg

The headliner is amazing
Morepeopleidontknow022.jpg

Rear recovery point taken care of .... now i gotta get the new plates
Morepeopleidontknow024.jpg
:doh:

In-line 4.0
Rebuilt the Aw4 trans ...
Riped apart the Steering colum .. Tightened it up now it works great
dana 30 front
Dana 35 read
Stock supension
factory tow package
30x9.5 15's with a donut in the back haha

ive got a head liner you can have.

I can tag it all up if you like.......WE are good at that!

tcm glx said:
I can tag it all up if you like.......WE are good at that!

just drive through heavy brush, then add a dent or two and your good to go.

Just great now i have intermitent high idle issuse and a intermitent studdering while accelerating.

if i can fix that i'll break out the black primer and big rocks to beautify the body

Thats how it all starts, mine looked like that when i got it too!! Good luck and have fun....

WraithKWK said:
Just great now i have intermitent high idle issuse and a intermitent studdering while accelerating.

if i can fix that i'll break out the black primer and big rocks to beautify the body
Check your TPS. And go find another rear axle.

is the dana 35 really that bad...
or is it that bad when u strap on 35" tires

Oh and i'm trolling every thread i can find on the TPS
when i first started it the idle was like 2k ... so i backed of the screw on the throttle boddy and droped it to 800 rpm bout 600 rpm when in gear.
now it likes to stick up to 2kish and 1k rpm in gear warm .... cold it idles corectly. when it does stick shuting off motor and re starting it seems to fix it for a while.

Last edited:
WraithKWK said:

Oh and i'm trolling every thread i can find on the TPS
when i first started it the idle was like 2k ... so i backed of the screw on the throttle boddy and droped it to 800 rpm bout 600 rpm when in gear.
now it likes to stick up to 2kish and 1k rpm in gear warm .... cold it idles corectly. when it does stick shuting off motor and re starting it seems to fix it for a while.
Dana 35s really are that weak. Unless you plan on babying it and not doing any serious trails.

Could be your IAC too.

Check your tranny kickdown cable from the throttle body, they like to stick sometimes and whatever you do DONT SHOOT WD40 in there or bigger problems will arise. Open the hood and pull on the throttle mechanism and if it snaps forward make sure the cable going into the tranny has 0 slack in it. I had the same problem and just delt with it. You have to pull the tranny pan off to get it off and replace if thats the case of the matter.

God i love the NAXJA forums but i have read so many threads tonight my eyes are bleeding. I'll start again in the morn'N

WraithKWK said:

As Kyung mentioned, D35s are very weak but if you dont ever plan on larger tire's and sticking to the super easy runs , then a D35 is OK.

Plan on 33" tires and still want to keep the D35?, then you better get the Super35 kit but really thats a waste of money for that axle. Its cheaper to swap out for a 29 spl 8.25 or D44

theres a secret to running larger tires on a D35 Lay off the gas and dont air down I ran 32-33's for three years without a problem. the 35 may be a weak axle but they usally snap because the person behind the wheel usally has an itchy trigger foot with the mentality of "give it more gas"

I broke my dana 35 on flat ground, with 32's and open diffs. Broke a spider and a shaft at the same time. I wasnt doing anything stupid, just turning left.

They really do suck that much.

LOL that is IDENTICAL to my '88 limited when I bought it, let me see if I can find a pic!!

506FirstJeepDay.jpg

I personally like the looks of the red and gold scheme, in fact I was sad to see my gold wire wheels go :(.

Back