• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 wagoneer limited XJ for sale

Canyonman

NAXJA Forum User
1987 jeep wagoneer limited 4.0,4 speed OD automatic,Trans cooler,comfort and power shifting switch,select track full time 4WD 242 T-case,Factory tow package 5000lb with 7-way plug,one year old AC Cold air,Gauge pkg,400watt amp with new speakers,New headliner,custom lights on hatch back,Optima batt still under warr,Front dana 30 and rear 8.25 axles are out of 2000 XJ,I have Original window sticker- $24,000.00
2" lift with spacers in front and add a leafs in rear,31"x10.5"R15 bfg all terrains and full size spare,locking gas cap,leather rapped steering wheel,
sound deadining material added under all plastic panels,fog lights,limo tinted windows with quality tint not purple stuff.

All things listed now, as new, are within the past 3 years
The engine has about 20,000 miles on it$1500.00,the shell has 215,000 miles,Distributer new when I installed engine.$250.00
Borola header with "high clearance" catiletic converter and flowmaster cat back.$650.00 I would have used on my new jeep but won't fit.
The engine runs perfect and super cool with no smoke or oil burning.
New radiator,starter,Batt cables,Alternator,water pump,air box,AC hoses and charged$500.00,front seats are from newer XJ,headliner,Axles from 2000 XJ,Master cylinder,Brake booster,Brakes are in great shape,
The transmission was rebuilt with HD parts seals just 5,000 m ago $900.00
only cause a spring failed,T-case was rebuilt 7 years ago.wood trim 6 years ago.
U-joints in drive shafts.
Vacume lines,coolant bottle,trim parts anything thats suspect I've replaced.Just lubed up windows,T-case oil,engine oil,air filter,Trans oil/filter just before Moab Oct 08
I've been fixing everthing I can for the last 6 months.

The only things that don't work are the power door locks (weak) they try.
cruise control (loose wire).The paint is better than my 2000 grand cherokee(thin).The body is not perfect but otherwise it is very reliable.

This has been the best car I've owned, Hands Down.
17 years and I've only been towed two times.Just did the last off-road trip to the 25th ani in moab Oct08 with modified version of my baby.
Yes all the money I've spent why would I sell it?
I bought a 2000 cause I wanted a different color but now that the economy is bad I'm regretting it.The newer model is not built as well. This jeep is ready for a 4-6" lift and 33's.All reciepts for parts and work done.
Even just for the parts,Borola header,flowmaster,engine and new parts,batt,Rear axle is better than dana 35.interior.
Registration is till Jan 2010 and passed smog easy.

Asking $2000.00:doh:
Greg 818-438-0665 9AM-11PM

More Pictures on photobucket http://s704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/canyonmans/?action=view&current=woodyforsale005.jpg
woodyforsale005.jpg

Man I love those woody waggys, they have so much more character than the standard XJ's. Put it back together and keep it. If I didn't already have my XJ I would buy it.

Good luck with sale.

any interior shots? what gearing in the axles? didnt the waggy come with a high pinion D30, was it swapped out? and last, was the brake system swapped out for a newer style, or does this still have the anti lock sytem that was recalled? the add mentioned power booster and master so im guessing no anti lock. thanks.

any interior shots? what gearing in the axles? didnt the waggy come with a high pinion D30, was it swapped out? and last, was the brake system swapped out for a newer style, or does this still have the anti lock sytem that was recalled? the add mentioned power booster and master so im guessing no anti lock. thanks.

All 4wd XJ's from 84-99 had high pinion front Dana 30's. ABS was only offered in 89-up so it wouldn't have it.

i must have been real tired when i first read the thread. i now see the other pics, and were it says both axles are from a 2000 xj. that explains the low pinion D30. thanks for educating me on the anti lock deal. i had an 89 that looked almost identicle to this one, but it had that darn anti lock system. but it also had the high pinion D30. i lost my 89 and would love to get this 87. we are tring to come up with the cash, though i think its going to sell before we do.

Still for sale and thanks Mike for the info and all the nice feedback.:yelclap:
The front calipars are with the 2000 axles also.steering gear box was replaced about 4 years ago also $400+ jeep new part.New motor mount going in as soon as it gets here.If I knew the economy was going down I would have kept this jeep.I just wanted my dream XJ and I over did it on my new 2000.More on that later.Thanks again.

SOLD :patriot:well it went to good home and will be on the trails again:wave1:.

Glad you sold it to a good home, it's a nice waggy.

Back