• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Memorial Day Wheelin, Azusa Canyon!

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Come one come all, wheelin it up XJ style!

What: Memorial day Fun! (This is not an official :NAXJA: event)
Who: Anybody who wants to come watch people break stuff!
Where: Azusa Canyon OHV area
When: Monday may 28th @ 9:30 am, at the same jack in the box as last time :D off the 210, Azusa Rd. exit Departing (hopefully) at 10!
Why: Because it beats going to another lame BBQ at moms house watching uncle joe sort of hitting on your teenage cousin alexis :wierd:

out, doing a bbq

well, food wise i think im gunna pick up one of those big ass subway sammiches, so we dont have to worry about cooking anything, unless someone has a better idea?

i'll have a bunch of sodas and waters, and maybe some brews if i can sneak em in :D and some solo cups :gag: and the usual plates, paper towles, trashbags, and TP just in case :D

After what i saw in the pit on Sunday, I'm considering sourcing an M1A1 Abrams battle tank. C'mon, tell me that wouldn't be badASS rolling in the mud, dominating the Fords and Chevys with 44 inch tires. If i can't find the tank, I may coat the XJ in Pam cooking spray so the mud just rolls off! Man, I'm just full of bright ideas!! Anyhow, it looks good for me, I'll be there, tank or no tank!

Skwerly said:
After what i saw in the pit on Sunday, I'm considering sourcing an M1A1 Abrams battle tank. C'mon, tell me that wouldn't be badASS rolling in the mud, dominating the Fords and Chevys with 44 inch tires. If i can't find the tank, I may coat the XJ in Pam cooking spray so the mud just rolls off! Man, I'm just full of bright ideas!! Anyhow, it looks good for me, I'll be there, tank or no tank!

why would you want the mud to fall off? im keeping mine on as a badge of honor. plus, it keeps people away from my car at the store lol everyones afraid to touch it :D

a while back I was there and some guy came in the with a 6x6 and was tearing up the place like no one could. never got stuck and pulled out a number of guys while in the mud hole with them.......ever since then Ive wanted one

HA HA
Why dont we play follow the leader and see who has the last laugh :)
In all honesty it will depend on how beat I am from the prior 2 days of wheeling, and I do have to be ready for the next trip to big bear the following weekend, and JV the weekend after that.

Gerr said:
HA HA
Why dont we play follow the leader and see who has the last laugh :)

fine with me! john, go follow dan!
spankass.gif

:D

Sounds like fun...I have a ton of stuff that MUST be done this weekend. If I finish my other projects, then I will be there.

Then everyone can try to follow me :D

GrimmJeeper said:
well, food wise i think im gunna pick up one of those big ass subway sammiches, so we dont have to worry about cooking anything, unless someone has a better idea?

i'll have a bunch of sodas and waters, and maybe some brews if i can sneak em in :D and some solo cups :gag: and the usual plates, paper towles, trashbags, and TP just in case :D

I'll throw some bones on it! Let me know what's good

I'm in, 98% sure. But all I'm bringin is money. I have zero room in the 2 door. And no, I will not be playing in the water this time.

TheWarWagon said:
I'm in, 98% sure. But all I'm bringin is money. I have zero room in the 2 door. And no, I will not be playing in the water this time.
how much crap you carrying in the 2dr to not have room for a cooler? hell even in my 4dr I could carry all my spares and a cooler chairs and the dog and still had room for my wife.

Having second thoughts, I may do afton canyon instead on Sunday...

Back