• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Azusa Canyon Sunday May 20th

Oatmeal said:
The only good thing that came out of my altercation was, that a few others that might have gotten tickets, were able to sneak by while I argued with Mutt and Jeff........Jerks!

And we thank you.

definately not going anywhere near asuza, thanks for the information people
that is not my idea of a good time

i will be doing my illegal activities up at castaic.... as usual
...unmolested

Last edited:
KRAKER said:
Man... This has just turned into a hate parade.

Yeah, no joke. You're either in, or you're not. Post up if you're in, if not- well we all have stories about run ins with the law. :bawl:

GSequoia said:
WTF?

Shouldn't you have a Holden or something? :wierd:

Im impressed with your knowledge of foreign vehicles.... But to be honest im more of Ford Falcon guy than Holden Commodore man.....
geez now i miss home!

mattyj said:
I might bring my BMW...... the tires dont stick out on that one!

Ok but you might get looked at in it too

Its even got "part" of your name on it :scared: :moon:

17249.jpg

silverslk said:
Ok but you might get looked at in it too

Its even got "part" of your name on it :scared: :moon:

17249.jpg
Yikes! That would like driving around on a neon sign. How's it going, Andy? Peggy and I really like you and your wife's salsa---------Hans

mattyj said:
Im impressed with your knowledge of foreign vehicles.... But to be honest im more of Ford Falcon guy than Holden Commodore man.....
geez now i miss home!
I used to have a 1978 Ford Courier (US Spec, of course). I find it ammusing that I could have a new one now if I just went over there ;)

mattyj said:
geez now i miss home!
Everyone here knows holdens...we have been waiting for them since the Camaro died.

I have been there quite a few times myself, and I have never once had any problems with the rangers or the law. The only reason I could see them giving you a hard time is if you are asking for it or deliberately and immediatly givimng the authorities a bad time. Enter the park with a smile on your face and a happy go lucky attitude (manners can help you tremendously) and you should have no problems.

Azusa has everything you need, and if mud scares you dont play in it. There is sand and rutted hill climbs to play around on too. As well as some little rocks to mess around with. Then after you have had enough play time find a good spot to watch all the antics at the mud pit go down. I prefer to park up on the hill top and look down on all the crazy people trying to literally break they rigs (stock or not).

JD'S-XJ said:
I have been there quite a few times myself, and I have never once had any problems with the rangers or the law. The only reason I could see them giving you a hard time is if you are asking for it or deliberately and immediatly givimng the authorities a bad time. Enter the park with a smile on your face and a happy go lucky attitude (manners can help you tremendously) and you should have no problems.
Sorry...but this is just plain innaccurate.

If you happen to get lucky and show up when a black and white isn't sitting in the lot writing tickets....Great. A good attitude will last all day long with the rangers. The problem is when there is a CHP sitting directly after the booth writing tickets. He is there to write...not to listen to excuses. He doesn'y care how nice you are, or how close to legal your vehicle is. He has no association with the people running the place. All he cares about is writing those tickets. I know this seems hard to believe...but ask anyone who has gotten a ticket from that guy...they will tell you the same thing.

Well I guess I have just been truly lucky on my ventures into there. I also dont have any offroad lights, and my tires stick inside the fenders so maybe driving a legal Jeep is the only thing that has saved me from having to get a fix-it ticket written off.

Last time I was there was twice in December and once in January... I took my 715 (historic tags), my YJ(tires out past the fender flares), and my TJ(registered to a corporation and tires outside the flares)... The ol 5.0 wasn't there any of those times, and if they were I didn't see em or get hasseled.

I was there probably about 8 times last year total, and no fuzz at the gate. You guys that are having problems, when did they happen?

As for going, heck, I'd love to! But, I've got a flattie body in the back of the 715, the YJ dashboard torn apart, and might be pulling the heater and stuff tomorrow, the TJ is wearing street tires now (commuter car), and the MJ is still recovering from a BBQ... so, unless some stars somewhere align, I don't think I'm gonna make it.

over2land said:
I was there probably about 8 times last year total, and no fuzz at the gate. You guys that are having problems, when did they happen?

Evertime the fuzz has been on gaurd was either a Saturday or Sunday morning around 10:30AM.

It isn't like they are there all the time, but if they are...make sure the guy infront of you has some stuff wrong :D

JohnX said:
Evertime the fuzz has been on gaurd was either a Saturday or Sunday morning around 10:30AM.

It isn't like they are there all the time, but if they are...make sure the guy infront of you has some stuff wrong :D
You want me to run interference for you guys again? :D---------Hans

JohnX said:

Well it ain't open during the week, so sitting there during the week would do them no good...

And 1030-1130 is the time I'm normally going in.

Back