• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

X-Factor.... JK axle swap in my XJ

...I'm lucky though, she let me build a work bench where normal people put their dining table...
shes a keeper.

well i gotta say im very pleased with the swap!!! it looks great and its 100% jeep right down to the full width axles and the wheels!! all in all it was an easy swap and i cant wait to get it out on some trails!!!
be sure to bring the camera for this too!

i read the thread when you first posted it, but i dont reacall... what gearing is in the diff? and are they both open?

shes a keeper.

be sure to bring the camera for this too!

i read the thread when you first posted it, but i dont reacall... what gearing is in the diff? and are they both open?

lol im saving the flex shots for my build thread... i believe 3.21s are stock for the JK... unless there out of a rubicon then they would be 4.10s

I've seen stock JK "X" models geared lots of different ways, 3.73, 3.55, 3.2X, I'm not sure what determines the gear ratio, but they're pigs with a wimpy motor, so I've seen the 3.73 the most.

after some thought i decided to make my own truss... didnt wanna go crazy and add a bunch of weight.. so i came up with this ides out of some 2 1/2" x 1/4" that i had picked up.. and its areodynamic!! lol

179.jpg

I HIGHLY reccomend boxing the sides in of that truss. It is doing nothing for you without a vertical stiffener. Even 12ga sheet on the sides will dramatically increase rigidity. :thumbup:

I HIGHLY reccomend boxing the sides in of that truss. It is doing nothing for you without a vertical stiffener. Even 12ga sheet on the sides will dramatically increase rigidity. :thumbup:

thats a great idea!! the thought has crossed my mind... it would be a great reason to get a dimple dye and do something a little lighter than just plate. you shouldnt fuel the fire!! lol

so i was looking at the front end of my truck and realized that i forgot to mention something in this thread.... steering stablizer!! the factory jk shock and tie rod mount works great!! just flip the mount to the top side of the tie rod... that will be all :canada:

299.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread relived! Been trying to find a write up on this as I am getting ready to do the same thing! Nice Work!

Back