• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

X-Factor.... JK axle swap in my XJ

Very cool! Interested in seeing a parallel side shot on how much tire is hangin out the wheel well. Also, what did you use to cut the old brackets off the D30?

got these done!! but after i was... i decided im gonna make new upper plates with bump stops off the side.. these are the stock ones drilled out for 9/16 hardware

166.jpg

I do not see a lock nut or lock washer :eyes: . Am I right?

Very good work.

Stock u-bolts don't use nylocs or lock washers either, iirc. Torqued to spec & maybe a dab of loctite if you feel the need, regular nuts & bolts should be just fine.

I do not see a lock nut or lock washer :eyes: . Am I right?

Very good work.

those babies are torqued down with red locktite!!! but ill be checking them often

Stock u-bolts don't use nylocs or lock washers either, iirc. Torqued to spec & maybe a dab of loctite if you feel the need, regular nuts & bolts should be just fine.
correct they dont, lots of people think that nylocs are as good as locktite, negative!! they can losen off!! i preffer locktite:eeks1:

Not sure if I'm right but it looks like your trackbar may be backwards.
haha i had it the other way, but it wont clear the third member... i had to actually read the instruction to figure that one out lol

im suprised that no one has noticed that my drag link isnt connected!! its just laying on the top of the pitman arm lol the problem i ran into there is the ball joint and tapper are different on the JK drag link. the XJ pitman arm will not work unless you reem out the taper in the arm... but even if you do that the arm is to short. you wont get %100 steering throw left and right. the solution i found is a JK pitman arm, its a little longer and available in many differnt drops. i lined up the two next to eachother and it seem that the spline count and diameter is the same on both arms! havent actually tried it yet but im %99 sure that a JK pitman arm will fit the XJ steering box.. when i get the JK pitman arm ill take a picture of the two next to eachother and post it for viewing pleasure..

Very cool! Interested in seeing a parallel side shot on how much tire is hangin out the wheel well. Also, what did you use to cut the old brackets off the D30?

good old blood, sweat, and tears... meaning a grinder, saws all, and my forehead!!! i wasnt worrind about saving the D30 so i just hacked into it!!

ill snap a shot of it today and post the side pic!! the back isnt to bad but the front sticks out alot!!

Tire "hang out" isn't as bad as I visioned. Once ya get some wheels/tires put on something like bushwacker or what ever flare will most likely cover most the tire. Very cool.

Tire "hang out" isn't as bad as I visioned. Once ya get some wheels/tires put on something like bushwacker or what ever flare will most likely cover most the tire. Very cool.

i got myself some bushwacker flat style fenders ready to go on but wanted to see what it would look like before and after with the JK axles!!

Just browsing the other day I saw that ballistic makes stock style bracket kit for the d30. Exactly the same but 1/4 material. It's what I wanted to do with my axle but I'm wait till I rip the stock ones off first.

those babies are torqued down with red locktite!!! but ill be checking them often

OK Locktite is great,..I think it is the best.....

correct they dont, lots of people think that nylocs are as good as locktite, negative!! they can losen off!! i preffer locktite:eeks1:

I do noy use nylock nuts if I can avoid it. The are like single use items. Remove them once and toss them. There are other type of lock nuts that are much better than those that uses nylon/plastic to hold them against loosening. An example are the staked head nuts that are used quite a bit on the XJ's.

Wow, those axles fit really well. Wish I had enough cash to buy a set of the complete D44's when the JK had just been released and Mopar was selling them for like $1500 a piece.

Back