• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winters AW4 Shifter-RADesigns upgraded

So, the button for 4th inside the shifter could be replaced with a switch to switch between auto and manual?

Just thinking that the requirement to hold fourth manually is pointless for most people. Maybe for Jeepspeed apps it makes sense but otherwise...

Cool idea, I think I could make that happen, I'll look into it.

I have an electronic control box now (with or without LED gear indicator display) that will make this work. Just like on my rail II shifter where 4th position puts it back to full auto and 1, 2, or 3 position is manual control. Just need the TCU and No additional switches required and no CEL's. The button for 4th inside the winter's shifter would NOT have to be replaced at all.

I have an electronic control box now (with or without LED gear indicator display) that will make this work. Just like on my rail II shifter where 4th position puts it back to full auto and 1, 2, or 3 position is manual control. Just need the TCU and No additional switches required and no CEL's. The button for 4th inside the winter's shifter would NOT have to be replaced at all.

hey what part of PA are you in? i'm not too far away (maybe) and if i'm ever in the area i'd like to check out your rig.

which version of the shifter do i need to buy from Poly? the Toyota Stock XXXX one?

Last edited:
Philadelphia/Trenton area. Ever go to Rausch Creek?

I see they offer a flush mount for the shifter... I wonder if this would work on a 97+ console.

So is the cable they include made to wrap around to the front exit hole? You say bracket also, is that so you make a new hole for the cable behind the shifter and then the bracket allows the cable to enter the from the rear of the trans to shift?

The winters instructions show the cable and new arm connecting to the passenger side of the transmission except the shifting shaft is so short on that side that the new arm is only half way on.
What is ever one else doing? making a new cable bracket for the drivers side or do I have a abnormally short shaft? lol

Mine bolted right to the drivers side using one bolt haven't had an issue yet but I wanna stretch the bracket and use 2

I did it by accident but it works becuase all my cables for my dana 300 are on that side so I came up thru the whole were the emergency brake used to be

No but with Rory's rail shifter you can toggle between your stock and manual control.

Or run his rock and rail. I love my rock shifter.

Back