• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling...Tips and Tricks

when debaing over chicken or beef for dinner, do so when not on an aggressive climb. :D

when you air down, don't forget to put your valves caps back on.
mud and sand get in there and you will have troubles airing back up.

Have your tow straps and d-rings where you can get at it easily. If it is in your cargo area, and your under water, or mud, or climbing a rock wall, getting to it will not be easy.

BOB
bring spare valve stems, too.

When you go to change a tire, put your e-brake on... and chock the wheels.

Never, ever trust a hi-lift with your life or limbs.

when you air down, don't forget to put your valves caps back on.
mud and sand get in there and you will have troubles airing back up.

Have your tow straps and d-rings where you can get at it easily. If it is in your cargo area, and your under water, or mud, or climbing a rock wall, getting to it will not be easy.

BOB

Luckily I have long legs and was able to get that one on when I went in that 'river'...

99SJ 'still gotta bend back that pass. front tow point...' Ex

Don't forget to pick up a bicycle flag from somewhere and mount it to your junk.

It will cost you substantially more if you need to buy one at the Badlands. It is required.

87 "$25 for a FLAG!" manche

Don't forget to pick up a bicycle flag from somewhere and mount it to your junk.

It will cost you substantially more if you need to buy one at the Badlands. It is required.

87 "$25 for a FLAG!" manche

Now that you mention it, I have a spare for anyone who needs it!

Flexd'bike flags are 5 bucks at wally world'XJ

when you are on the trail you must communicate with
each other through your CB radio. Each group will chose a different
numbered channel. you must follow the person in front of you.
we have had some problems with people moving too fast and losing others in the group.
To avoid this you must communicate closely with the guy in front and the guy behind you.
Do not go to far away from either driver. try to let them know where you are. to slow down and wait for you.

also when the person in front of you geso over an obstacle. like a hill. wait for that person to get to the other side. when he gets to the other side, he should call your name and say "clear".
Then and only then should you proceed. You need to do the same for the driver behind you, when you get over the hill. Let them know when it is clear to proceed.

BOB

Last edited:
when you are on the trail you must communicate with
each other through your CB radio. Each group will chose a different
numbered channel. you must follow the person in front of you.
we have had some problems with people moving too fast and losing others in the group. to avoid this you must tell communicate closely with the guy in front and the guy behind you. do not go to far away from either driver. try to let them know where you are. to slow down and wait for you.

also when the person in front of you go over an obstacle. like a hill. wait for that person to get to the other side. when he gets to the other side, he should call your name and say "clear". then and only then should you proceed. You need to do the same for the driver behind you, when you get over the hill.

BOB

Also make sure your cb works..........Bob! :D

wasn't it you Aaron, who led half the group behind some Wrangler and got lost last year?!?

:D

BOB

Nope, that was Josh! :laugh3: I had to gun because he got lost.

wasn't it you Aaron, who led half the group behind some Wrangler and got lost last year?!?

BOB

The guy in font of me(5speedxj i believe on another forum) didn't have a cb and started following a wrangler

BOB

Nope, that was Josh! :laugh3: I had to gun because he got lost.

The guy in font of me(5speedxj i believe on another forum) didn't have a cb and started following a wrangler

I will have a solution to that this year.

hopefully you guys aren't color blind.

I think we need our board name (aka call sign) written on our back and maybe front window. Especially in a big group there is so much radio chatter saying "clear" over every obstacle you couldn't tell if the person in front of you was saying clear or someone else way in front or behind you. That way we can say, "XJRN clear" and the person behind us will know who is talking.

Yes, It'd be nice to clear up radio confusion.

What we did was introduce ourselves to the guy in front of us and the guy behind us.

Back