• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what other outdoors hobbies do you have

i have a friend that goes hunting for hogs with a knive and his dogs.. i forgot what kind of dogs.. there some kind of mastiff .. but hes a big dude like 6'7 and he goes with a 12 inch bowie knive .. lets the dogs round the pig up and hold it then he goes in and shanks the pig through the heart.. hes a crazy dude.. lol

That's a level of craziness I havn't even heard of. The dogs my cousin uses look like pit bulls but a lot bigger. They are called Argentinian Dogos. He has these super thick leather vests he puts on them and the larger dog actually has a kevlar vest and head piece. That dog is the one that actually bites into the hog and holds it in place. Here's a link to what they look like.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/156414/dogo_argentinian_hunting_dogs/

this phrase makes me :laugh2:
x2, sounds like something one of my good friends from college would say :roflmao:

hmmm...
camping, ice skating in the winter, skiing, archery, shooting/plinking, working on the jeep, wheeling, exploration (urban or otherwise), and I'm still pretty decent with boy scouts stuff like lashing / woods construction... would love to pick up a bunch of land somewhere and build a ropes course. Speaking of which I absolutely love ropes courses / rock climbing (only amateur crap) / finding ways to get off the ground in the woods.

heres my other money eating hobby lol

60885_153850437978455_100000605003938_366631_4614316_n.jpg

1108827614_l.jpg

l_a0cbf7c2175a5c709b13de96fa7b340c.gif

nohands.jpg

my multiple hobbies that get most of the focus these days are unfortunately having to do with fixing crap or trying to make an extra buck. when I'm not required to fix broken crap on any of our cars or home improvements or honey to-dos, the bottom line hobbies that I love:
- Wheeling
- Camping
- DJing
- music composition
- drumming

I have my RC cars, just ordered all the stuff to start brewing beer, and I just bought a 40gal fish tank so I need to get all the stuff to have fish.

I live by myself so I need hobbys to stop from going nuts...

Aviation: I fly a Cessan 172 out of French Valley
Fish: Salt water, Local streams, and the eastern seirra nevadas

Cow tipping

SCUBA diving
Cooking
Drinking beer

A little hiking or biking here and there.

Aviation: I fly a Cessan 172 out of French Valley
Fish: Salt water, Local streams, and the eastern seirra nevadas

What streams do you fish? Are you a native only fly rod guy or do you go for the stockers with the spin reel?

Back